DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FA: I just upgraded my copy of turboCAD - you may be able to get my old copy cheaply (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/265685-fa-i-just-upgraded-my-copy-turbocad-you-may-able-get-my-old-copy-cheaply.html)

Bill Noble[_3_] November 27th 08 06:28 AM

FA: I just upgraded my copy of turboCAD - you may be able to get my old copy cheaply

I'm slowly learning to not keep software around the house, but to move it
promptly to a new owner - here is a link to the version of TurboCAD I have
been using - I just upgraded to version 14, so this one is available (and
yes, I checked with the company, it's ok to resell), and yes, it is metal
related and even mostly on topic.

Maybe this can spawn a discussion of CAD programs for metalworking

anyway, here's the link - 99 cent starting price

Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Bill Noble[_3_] November 29th 08 09:14 PM

fa bridgeport DRO

just picked up an old bridgeport DRO readout - here's the link

were these things analog LVDT or some other technology - just curious since
I don't have the pickoff assemblies to go with it.

GeoLane at PTD dot NET November 30th 08 02:47 AM

fa bridgeport DRO

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:14:27 -0800, "Bill Noble"
wrote:

just picked up an old bridgeport DRO readout - here's the link

were these things analog LVDT or some other technology - just curious since
I don't have the pickoff assemblies to go with it.

I've got two Anilam Miniwizard displays and need an X axis unit for my
42" table to make one of them useable.

RWL

Don Foreman November 30th 08 03:57 AM

fa bridgeport DRO

wrote:

just picked up an old bridgeport DRO readout - here's the link

were these things analog LVDT or some other technology - just curious since
I don't have the pickoff assemblies to go with it.

Most use glass scales with optical pickoffs. I think they were
originally developed by Bausch & Lomb in the late 40's and 50's.