DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/263823-wtb-powermatic-drill-press-raising-mechanism.html)

Marty Escarcega[_2_] October 31st 08 02:07 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a table
raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA
Marty

Ignoramus27079 October 31st 08 02:09 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

I am looking for the same thing

On 2008-10-31, Marty Escarcega wrote:
Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a table
raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA
Marty

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Bill Noble[_3_] October 31st 08 08:58 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

I have the rack from a Delta DP-10 - is it the same?

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Ignoramus27079 October 31st 08 09:33 PM

On 2008-10-31, Bill Noble wrote:
I have the rack from a Delta DP-10 - is it the same?

can you take some pictures. I have a serious interest if it is
shippable.

Bill Noble[_3_] October 31st 08 11:27 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Igy - contact me off list with a valid email address and I'll send you a
photo
of the DP-10 stuff I have left
my email is no my web page, www.wbnoble.com

Greg O October 31st 08 11:32 PM

"Marty Escarcega" wrote in message
Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a
table
raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA
Marty

Maybe not the answer you want, but why not cobble up a counter weight of
some sort. Old window balance weights perhaps.
Greg

Ignoramus27079 November 1st 08 12:09 AM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

emailed

Don Foreman November 1st 08 03:00 AM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:09:23 -0500, Ignoramus27079
wrote:

Talk about budgers! Ig, you gonna jump on the next one too?
Hope you find one, Marty.

emailed

Marty Escarcega[_2_] November 1st 08 09:39 AM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Don Foreman wrote in
:

wrote:

Talk about budgers! Ig, you gonna jump on the next one too?
Hope you find one, Marty.

Ya, I thought the same. I ask, he jumps in. :-)

Maybe Gunner will find me one.
Marty

Marty Escarcega[_2_] November 1st 08 09:49 AM

Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

"Greg O" wrote in news:3AMOk.225475$ZW7.95610
@fe10.news.easynews.com:

"Marty Escarcega" wrote in message
Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a
table
raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA
Marty

Maybe not the answer you want, but why not cobble up a counter weight of
some sort. Old window balance weights perhaps.
Greg

Greg, funny you mention that. I just read an article on same. Might do that
if I can't find one.
Thanks
Marty

Marty Escarcega[_2_] November 1st 08 09:57 AM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

[posted and mailed]

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply, yes, if it was for a 3" column, I would have
been interested in it if Iggy hadn't of jumped in. Let me know if still
available.
Thanks
Marty

"Bill Noble" wrote in news:b0803$490b7161$30826
@news.teranews.com:

Bill Noble[_3_] November 1st 08 02:32 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

so far, I've sent photos to everyone who inquired - we shall see if these
parts are useful to someone

oh, and I have two spare columns still - the kind that mount to a table -
these are all for the Z-head 17" Delta DP-10 but they may fit other things

Ignoramus10571 November 1st 08 03:02 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Bill, I saw the parts, they are nice, but I think that my drill press
requires something a little different.

Marty Escarcega[_2_] November 1st 08 04:06 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

Yes, it looks very proprietary to the Delta. I think I'll watch for
Powermatic specific parts. I may well take the idea offered and make one up
like this suggests:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/easyriser.htm

Winston November 1st 08 09:35 PM

Marty Escarcega wrote:
Yes, it looks very proprietary to the Delta. I think I'll watch for
Powermatic specific parts. I may well take the idea offered and make one up
like this suggests:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/easyriser.htm

I wonder if one could use a sash 'spring balance' to do
the same thing in a faster, less complicated way?

https://www.pullmanbalances.com/?gcl...FRg6awody3Qz2g

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...051635,00.html

--Winston

Gunner Asch[_4_] November 2nd 08 05:59 PM

WTB: Powermatic Drill Press Raising Mechanism

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:07:36 GMT, Marty Escarcega
wrote:

Picked up an old Powermatic drill press with 3" column, looking for a table
raising/lowering mechanism.....

TIA
Marty

Call Leigh at MarMachine...you know he does Powermatic

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Winston November 5th 08 05:49 AM

Winston wrote:
Marty Escarcega wrote:
Yes, it looks very proprietary to the Delta. I think I'll watch for
Powermatic specific parts. I may well take the idea offered and make
one up like this suggests:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/easyriser.htm

I wonder if one could use a sash 'spring balance' to do
the same thing in a faster, less complicated way?

https://www.pullmanbalances.com/?gcl...FRg6awody3Qz2g

Er. Rather:

http://www.pullmanbalances.com/