DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mig with 100% helium? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/262898-mig-100%25-helium.html)

mark October 18th 08 01:42 AM

Mig with 100% helium?

Can steel, aluminum or stainless be Miged with 100% Helium. I use the
gas for another reason a few weeks of the year but have to pay a year
lease so I might as well use it for something else as well.

Gunner Asch[_4_] October 19th 08 10:02 AM

Mig with 100% helium?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 17:42:41 -0700 (PDT), mark
wrote:

Can steel, aluminum or stainless be Miged with 100% Helium. I use the
gas for another reason a few weeks of the year but have to pay a year
lease so I might as well use it for something else as well.

Yes indeed. And the arc is gonna be HOTTTTT!

If you have a reasonablly powerful power supply...there is a real
danger of melting the torch down at the high end

Your flow will need to be a bit faster than you would think..as it
immediatly starts rising as it leaves the gun and its a bit more
suseptable to breezes.

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.