DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ultra thin screwdriver (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/262576-re-ultra-thin-screwdriver.html)

Duracell Bunny[_2_] October 14th 08 06:40 AM

Ultra thin screwdriver

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:42:20 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Hi folks,

I am looking for a flat screwdriver with an exceptionally thin blade,
for use on clock mechanisms. The blade needs to be at least 3/16" long,
but no more than 25/1000" thick. Does anyone know of a source for such a
screwdriver? UK sources are preferred, if anyone knows of them.

I know I can try grinding my own, but I'm not convinced I can do it neatly.

Follow-ups set to rec.crafts.metalworking.

Many thanks,

Chris Tidy

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I ground one from a very
small Allen key, took only seconds to do. And I'm by no means a good
engineer (ie not time-served)

Ideally, use a T handled Allen key to produce a really nice little
screwdriver. Works well for me.

Karen

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.' Catherine Aird