Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Die lift table

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8122 wrote:
Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

I know a fellow who has a palate jack that will go up to the tail gate of a pickup truck.
Comes in handy for unloading something and moving around the shop then lifting it up to
his steel work table.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Good find. Rework it a bit with a larger base footprint and make a
~4'x6' top surface out of two layers of 3/4" birch ply topped with
laminate and edged with oak. Makes a very good all around work table for
the shop that you can adjust to the optimum height for the project
you're working on. I made a similar work table from a 1,000# cap power
adjustable height frame I found surplus for $50.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Okay, assuming you bought it, how much did you pay?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-05, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Good find. Rework it a bit with a larger base footprint and make a
~4'x6' top surface out of two layers of 3/4" birch ply topped with
laminate and edged with oak. Makes a very good all around work table for
the shop that you can adjust to the optimum height for the project
you're working on. I made a similar work table from a 1,000# cap power
adjustable height frame I found surplus for $50.

I paid $75 for mine. I think that it has plenty of table space as of
now, approximately 24x48 inches. I will put my rotary table on it.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-05, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Okay, assuming you bought it, how much did you pay?

$75. It has two cranking speeds. 2x4 ft. table.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Picture of same manufacturer's similar cart is here

http://www.prestolifts.com/page137.html

Mine is 24x48 inches.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-10-05, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Good find. Rework it a bit with a larger base footprint and make a
~4'x6' top surface out of two layers of 3/4" birch ply topped with
laminate and edged with oak. Makes a very good all around work table for
the shop that you can adjust to the optimum height for the project
you're working on. I made a similar work table from a 1,000# cap power
adjustable height frame I found surplus for $50.

I paid $75 for mine. I think that it has plenty of table space as of
now, approximately 24x48 inches. I will put my rotary table on it.

I wouldn't waste a good unit like that on it's intended purpose. I keep
my rotary table on a couple 2x4s so I can grab it with the forklift or
the engine hoist (whichever is closer) when I need to load it on the
Bridgeport. That base would be much better as a work table.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 15:49:23 -0500, Ignoramus8122
wrote:

Found a die lift table today, 1,000 lbs capacity, it has four threaded
posts, similar to this lift:

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...3150-5069-1061

Wow..those sucka's aren't inexpensive. I read further down you got it
for $75. Nice buy.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 5, 6:21*pm, Ignoramus8122

http://www.chdist.com/material-handl...tables-tilt-ta....

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

Congrats...great find!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8122 wrote:

Okay, assuming you bought it, how much did you pay?

$75. It has two cranking speeds. 2x4 ft. table.

Sometimes I hate you Nice score, you suck.

Wes