Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Halogen shop lights

harbor freight frequently has the bulbs for 65 cents
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was
$6.49, and a new one was $8.99, so I grabbed a new one. On the way, I
spotted a display for $4.99 each. The same 250w of luminance, but probably
not made as good.

Still, it's incredible that it's cheaper to buy a new light rather than
replace the bulb. I bought four.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:

I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was
$6.49, and a new one was $8.99, so I grabbed a new one. On the way, I
spotted a display for $4.99 each. The same 250w of luminance, but probably
not made as good.

Still, it's incredible that it's cheaper to buy a new light rather than
replace the bulb. I bought four.

What's even cheaper is changing to CFLs. I use the 25W or larger CFLs in
the cheap spring clamp reflector fixtures now instead of the old 500W
halogen floods. Plenty of light, virtually no heat, long life and low
power.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I went to HD to buy a T3 bulb for my halogen shop light. The bulb was
$6.49, and a new one was $8.99, so I grabbed a new one. On the way, I
spotted a display for $4.99 each. The same 250w of luminance, but probably
not made as good.

Still, it's incredible that it's cheaper to buy a new light rather than
replace the bulb. I bought four.

Steve

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and
imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be
done." Theodore Roosevelt 1891

LOL! Just like inkjet printers! It was $40.00 cheaper for me to buy a new
printer VS new cartridges for the old one.

Steve R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:16:09 -0700, "Steve R."
wrote:

[...]

Yes, but were the cartridges in the new printer fully loaded with ink?
Often they only have about half the ink as a replacement cartridge.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:06:51 -0400, the infamous Gerald Miller
scrawled the following:

wrote:

LOL! Just like inkjet printers! It was $40.00 cheaper for me to buy a new
printer VS new cartridges for the old one.

Yes, but were the cartridges in the new printer fully loaded with ink?
Often they only have about half the ink as a replacement cartridge.

Ink works out to something like $500 per gallon in cartridges.

I bought a color laser last time (A $400 Samsung CLP-600, on sale for
$200!) Toner cartridges would cost about $320, but toner refills are
available for a mere (Feh!) $165 from the GWN, your country. I much
prefer laser toner to ink.

P.S: I received a free printer once. After bringing it home, I
realized that she refilled it herself. There was ink all over my truck
floor mat and it took about six months to finally get it up. Luckily,
it was the old Ford. The new Tundra has carpeting. I woulda beed
really ****ed at that. If you've never had an ink spill, trust me.
You don't want to experience one. The damned thing kept leaking on my
shop floor for another six months before someone finally took it off
my hands. Uckfay Inkjetyays.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.

Transformer for 12v halogen lights Pete L Electronics Repair 7 February 27th 08 06:22 PM
Halogen Lights Chris UK diy 5 October 30th 06 10:14 PM
Energy consumption for 12v halogen lights Ian Masson UK diy 13 January 4th 06 12:07 PM
Dimmers and halogen lights Pete UK diy 0 October 1st 05 06:56 PM
Halogen lights half off [email protected] UK diy 17 September 27th 05 03:11 PM