DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   rive belt material (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/261054-rive-belt-material.html)

Geo September 23rd 08 08:57 PM

rive belt material

Does anyomne know where I might get flat fiber belt material for a metal
lathe? Also the wires that hold it together. thank, Geo.

Brian Lawson September 23rd 08 11:32 PM

rive belt material

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:57:05 -0400, Geo wrote:

Does anyomne know where I might get flat fiber belt material for a metal
lathe? Also the wires that hold it together. thank, Geo.

Try Logan Lathes.

http://www.loganact.com/

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

BobH[_2_] September 24th 08 01:57 AM

rive belt material

Geo wrote:
Does anyomne know where I might get flat fiber belt material for a metal
lathe? Also the wires that hold it together. thank, Geo.

McMaster Carr had both the last time I needed them, but that was a few
years ago.

BobH

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] September 24th 08 12:23 PM

rive belt material

BobH fired this volley in
:

Geo wrote:
Does anyomne know where I might get flat fiber belt material for a
metal lathe? Also the wires that hold it together. thank, Geo.

McMaster Carr had both the last time I needed them, but that was a

few
years ago.

BobH

McMaster still carries a full line of flat belts, including the
"improved" nylon reinforced leather belts. They also carry the Gator
Grip lacings. Both my lathe and mill use them.

LLoyd