DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Do I need anti-sieze for SS screws in brass? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/260937-do-i-need-anti-sieze-ss-screws-brass.html)

_[_2_] September 22nd 08 02:11 PM

Do I need anti-sieze for SS screws in brass?

Application is a handle-bar clamp - could be left exposed to seaside-winter
conditions for weeks/months.

Clamp is brass, screws are some stainless as sold to me by a fastener
company (don't know what variety of SS).

Will they gall?

Newshound September 22nd 08 03:18 PM

"_" wrote in message
Application is a handle-bar clamp - could be left exposed to
seaside-winter
conditions for weeks/months.

Clamp is brass, screws are some stainless as sold to me by a fastener
company (don't know what variety of SS).

Will they gall?

I'd say the answer is a grease which provides good corrosion protection
rather than an anti-galling product. Ask your sailing friends.

Terry Coombs September 22nd 08 10:45 PM

_ wrote:
Application is a handle-bar clamp - could be left exposed to
seaside-winter conditions for weeks/months.

Clamp is brass, screws are some stainless as sold to me by a fastener
company (don't know what variety of SS).

Will they gall?

Anti seize is cheap protection ... anyplace I don't use loctite I use anti
seize .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"