DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Snap-On flashlights at Costco (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/260646-snap-flashlights-costco.html)

[email protected] September 18th 08 11:56 AM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

They're made in China.
They are guaranteed forever.
Karl

Al Patrick September 18th 08 12:40 PM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

wrote:
They're made in China.
They are guaranteed forever.
Karl

Ask Sears Roebuck what their "guaranteed forever" means! I expect the Chinese version
means even less.

Wild_Bill September 18th 08 09:41 PM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

From Big Lots, a bottle of Plasma/LCD Screen Cleaner - 5 Year Warranty.

Special Drip Free Liquid (pump spray bottle, viscosity of water, but it's
blue)

Lint Free Shammy Cloth (sic).

Made in China

Also noted that the bottle has no markings of the volume of liquid
(approximately 4 ounces).

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

Richard J Kinch September 19th 08 07:59 AM

writes:

They are guaranteed forever.

Ink on a package doesn't make it so.

Maglites and Victorinox Swiss Army knives, now that's a lifetime guarantee
that's actually paid off for me.

Up North September 19th 08 03:30 PM

writes:

They are guaranteed forever.

Ink on a package doesn't make it so.

Maglites and Victorinox Swiss Army knives, now that's a lifetime
guarantee
that's actually paid off for me.

Back in the 70's, I was given a Camillus knife as a birthday gift. It came
guaranteed against breakage and surprisingly, loss. After I lost the knife I
looked for the paper offering the guarantee and found I had lost that too.
Sadly, Camillus Knifes are no longer made, at least in the US.
Steve

Pilgrim September 19th 08 09:28 PM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

writes:

They are guaranteed forever.

Ink on a package doesn't make it so.

Maglites and Victorinox Swiss Army knives, now that's a lifetime guarantee
that's actually paid off for me.

Zippo.

Some 15 or 20 years ago I purchased some Briggs & Riley luggage for far
more than I usually would have. They said they would replace or repair
forever. So far it has been back for repairs twice no questions asked.
I fly over 50K miles a year and the airlines really do a number on
luggage.

Chuck P.

Larry Jaques September 20th 08 02:56 AM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:12:27 -0400, the infamous "Wild_Bill"
scrolled the following:

Zippo lighters are still repaired, as a real forever guarantee.

Yabbut who in the hell wants to get cancer or titty/leg skin burns
from the leaking lighter?

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.

Gunner[_2_] September 20th 08 09:46 AM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:12:27 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

Zippo lighters are still repaired, as a real forever guarantee.

WB

Ive stopped sending in Zippo lighters though...yes, they do repair
them..but the replacement guts Ive gotten in the last 3 I sent in
were...marginal...almost chinese in quality.

Gunner, Zippo collector,with industrial logos etc.

Gunner[_2_] September 20th 08 09:50 AM

Snap-On flashlights at Costco

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/blog/2...us-knives.html

Don Foreman September 20th 08 03:27 PM