Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Straightening Rolled Welded Wire Mesh

Has anyone found a good way to straighten wire mesh solo?
The grass isn't thick enough to just walk on it and have it bend the
other way. Maybe a big rubber mallet? End of a 2X4?

I've looked on the Internet and can't seem to find anything, somebody
must have found a way to do this without crawling on one's hands and
knees bending it back by hand.

Yes I know I should have bought flat wire to begin with, but I'm
trying not to run out of money.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunworshipper wrote:
Has anyone found a good way to straighten wire mesh solo?
The grass isn't thick enough to just walk on it and have it bend the
other way. Maybe a big rubber mallet? End of a 2X4?

I've looked on the Internet and can't seem to find anything, somebody
must have found a way to do this without crawling on one's hands and
knees bending it back by hand.

Yes I know I should have bought flat wire to begin with, but I'm
trying not to run out of money.

Quarter inch rod with a hook on one end and a tee handle on the other ? At
least that might let you do it standing up ...
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Roll it up in reverse direction. The radius will have to be determined
by experiment.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:56:19 -0500, Sunworshipper Sunworshipper
wrote:

Has anyone found a good way to straighten wire mesh solo?
The grass isn't thick enough to just walk on it and have it bend the
other way. Maybe a big rubber mallet? End of a 2X4?

I've looked on the Internet and can't seem to find anything, somebody
must have found a way to do this without crawling on one's hands and
knees bending it back by hand.

Yes I know I should have bought flat wire to begin with, but I'm
trying not to run out of money.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Copper or brass wire mesh N Cook Electronics Repair 14 August 1st 07 08:23 PM
OK to put wire mesh on the inside of roof vents? Bill Stock Home Repair 11 January 22nd 07 12:50 PM
Supplier of wire mesh? NoSpam UK diy 6 January 15th 07 02:07 PM
Do I need to redo the wire mesh or rebar? miamicuse Home Repair 9 September 3rd 05 04:13 PM
why put wire mesh in mud shower pan? peter Home Repair 4 February 13th 05 06:17 AM