DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anybody insured by AIG? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/260538-re-anybody-insured-aig.html)

Wes[_2_] September 17th 08 12:27 AM

Anybody insured by AIG?

Ignoramus14986 wrote:

I wonder how this will effect my auto insurance with AIG??

This will negatively affect it.

Katrina gave me a one year house insurance increase with State Farm. By the time I
realized it, (escrow funds), it was too late. The next year rates dropped back to normal.

Wes

Ignoramus14986 September 17th 08 12:42 AM

Anybody insured by AIG?

On 2008-09-16, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus14986 wrote:

I wonder how this will effect my auto insurance with AIG??

This will negatively affect it.

Katrina gave me a one year house insurance increase with State Farm. By the time I
realized it, (escrow funds), it was too late. The next year rates dropped back to normal.

I think that if AIG goes bankrupt, its car insurance sub may not
necessarily go bankrupt. Also, car insurance operatikons are
guaranteed by state funds. But, I think that everyone would prefer to
see a stable insurance company handling their business. I am with
GEICO.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Lew Hartswick September 17th 08 02:34 PM

Anybody insured by AIG?

On 2008-09-16, Wes wrote:

Ignoramus14986 wrote:

I wonder how this will effect my auto insurance with AIG??

This will negatively affect it.

Katrina gave me a one year house insurance increase with State Farm. By the time I
realized it, (escrow funds), it was too late. The next year rates dropped back to normal.

I think that if AIG goes bankrupt, its car insurance sub may not
necessarily go bankrupt. Also, car insurance operatikons are
guaranteed by state funds. But, I think that everyone would prefer to
see a stable insurance company handling their business. I am with
GEICO.

I keep getting their applications for quotes but the form has such
tinny spaces to fill in I don't see how anyone could write in the
required information. So I figured they just want to have some
excuse to welch on a quote. :-(
...lew...