DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/260447-how-best-sell-my-lathe-grinder-bandsaw-power-hacksaw.html)

Bob in Phx September 16th 08 12:36 AM

how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw

if got a couple of old machines that I want to sell, whats the best way to
get rid of them,
piece by piece??
as a set???
Ebay is right out!!!!!!!
craigslist maybe????
can I post here????

bob in phx

Wes[_2_] September 16th 08 01:25 AM

how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw

"Bob in Phx" wrote:

can I post here????

We can't stop you.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

[email protected] September 16th 08 01:43 AM

On Sep 15, 4:36*pm, "Bob in Phx" wrote:
if got a couple of old machines that I want to sell, whats the best way to
get rid of them,
piece by piece??
as a set???
Ebay is right out!!!!!!!
craigslist maybe????
can I post here????

bob in phx

Hi, Bob.
Years ago, when we lived in the Seattle area, I purchased my EMCO
lathe/mill from an ad listed on this group. Be sure and specify the
general area of the country where the equipment is located and perhaps
a phone number.

Paul

Dave August September 16th 08 03:56 AM

how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw

Bob,

Post on CL Phx, and put a posting here with the link(s) to it(them)...

--.- Dave

Mechanical Magic September 16th 08 04:16 AM

how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw

bob,
A package deal is not a good idea, to me.

Craigslist is your best option, IMHO, it's local.
Cheap news fliers are OK.
Local metalworking clubs are good too.
PM has a for sale section, as does Chaski, probably not a bad idea.

Dave J.

Gunner Asch[_4_] September 16th 08 04:43 AM

how to best sell my lathe, grinder, bandsaw and power hacksaw

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:36:37 -0700, "Bob in Phx"
wrote:

if got a couple of old machines that I want to sell, whats the best way to
get rid of them,
piece by piece??
as a set???
Ebay is right out!!!!!!!
craigslist maybe????
can I post here????

bob in phx

Yes you can post here.

And sometimes the best way is by the pound.

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich