Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default delta drill press table

Is there a replacement table for the 17-925 production style drill press
table? I'd like to replace it with a round table with the "X" slots? Thank
you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 15, 3:05*pm, "silveragemarvel" wrote:
Is there a replacement table for the 17-925 production style drill press
table? *I'd like to replace it with a round table with the "X" slots? *Thank
you.

Just haunt ebay for a while, one will come along. Generally, anything
with the same column size can be made to fit...
--Glenn Lyford
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 15, 12:05*pm, "silveragemarvel" wrote:
Is there a replacement table for the 17-925 production style drill press
table? *I'd like to replace it with a round table with the "X" slots? *Thank
you.

Believe it or not, you can actually make the table you want if you
have a lathe to turn the central hub. I have a drill press at my plant
that had the production type table with "T" slots and no center hole
for the drill to escape into. Turned up a hub to fit the drill press
table holder with a flange on top to tap for the top plate. I cheated
and used an aluminum disk I got at a machine shop yard sale. It used
to be a sacraficial face plate for a large lathe. Has many tapped and
untapped holed. I used 4 screws to hold the plate to the hub. Been
working fine for years and so far no one using it has complained.

You could find a a circular plate somewhere, or get one cut from steel
or whatever.

Otherwise, find an old junked drill press with the table you want and
adapt it.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, I work for UCB (administrative staff) but I do not have any contact
with the machine shop. Since this is for home use, I cannot use university
resouces for personal use.

So, is there any one in the area (East bay, Berkeley region) who can turn me
a hub that will fit my press and better yet -- include the plate? I'll post
the diameter in another entry. Thank you.

Hi, Dennis.
I bet if you asked, there is at least one member of the news group in your
area that would love to make a hub for you and possible cut out a top piece
for you. Why don't you ask the group if there is someone in the area that
would be willing to help.

I see you are associated somehow with UCB. Isn't there someone there with
shop access that could work with you to make what you need?

Paul