Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making SCUBA Tanks. Very Interesting!

I had always wondered. Found while wasting perfectly good time on
youtube. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgSU...eature=related

Hope this works,

Ken
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:46:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I had always wondered. Found while wasting perfectly good time on
youtube. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgSU...eature=related

Hope this works,

Ken

It worked. Nice video. Thanks.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 03:10:09 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

wrote:

I had always wondered. Found while wasting perfectly good time on
youtube. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgSU...eature=related

Hope this works,

Ken

It worked. Nice video. Thanks.

Yeah, interesting. I looked at the Worthing video making steel scuba
tanks and was fascinated at how they rolled the top closed and the
difference in the coupons between aluminum and steel. The aluminum
coupons were 10" long and 8" in diameter (SWAG) while the steel
coupons were 3/4" circular plates about 18" in diameter. Both were
extruded on similar presses, _hefty_ mofos. The aluminum was allowed
to heat itself up while they liquid-cooled the steel during the
extrusion process. Pretty cool.

--
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without
hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.