DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drill Bit Wingnut (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/259937-drill-bit-wingnut.html)

[email protected] September 11th 08 12:32 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one.

Thanks,

Keith Marshall September 11th 08 12:47 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one.

http://tinyurl.com/5baxpe

http://tinyurl.com/5zwgqx

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Winston September 11th 08 12:47 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

wrote:
Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

Probably looks something like this?

http://www.skygeek.com/ats-mj350.html

Now is the time to bring your friendly local lathe owner
one small box of donuts and a sample wingnut.

While you are moving and cleaning some of her shop stuff,
she can make these in a couple different sizes, if you
ask nicely.

--Winston

Vaughn Simon September 11th 08 01:05 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

wrote in message
Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

If it happens to be for large pattern 1/4" wingnuts, then check anywhere that
hurricane shutter accessories are sold.

I make my own by cutting a slot across an appropriately-sized cheap
disposable 1/4" socket. Chuck it to the drill with a suitable adapter.

Vaughn

Gerald Miller September 11th 08 02:36 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:32:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I find one.

Thanks,

It would look much like the 3/8 drive socket designed to open the
drain cock on an auto radiator. which I bought for Junior when his
fingers proved to tender for the job.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Martin H. Eastburn September 11th 08 04:00 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

That is a good idea - a deep socket and just over the round hub size
so it will keep centered.

I make some wood ones for my wife out of wood.
Maple - drill a hole in the center of a 1.5x1.5 by 3" long stick.
The hole matches the round part of the nut and I slot for the wings.
She keeps a couple in her sewing kit - counted cross stitch.

The frames need to be clamped tight.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Jim Wilkins September 11th 08 10:27 AM

Drill Bit Wingnut

On Sep 10, 7:32*pm, wrote:
Sorry if this is off subject.

I am looking for a drill but to screw and unscrew wingnuts onto a
screw.

Clamp some rubber or plastic hose on a shaft that fiits your drill,
and slot the other end for the wingnut.