Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what size thread?

What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 27, 3:00 pm, Hector wrote:
What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?

Would you believe its on a web site...

http://www.sizes.com/home/handles_broom.htm

"In the United States, most threaded handles for brooms, paint
rollers, extension poles for window washing brushes and squeegees, and
so forth, have threads ¾ inch in diameter, 5 threads per inch, Acme
form."

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 27, 1:14*pm, wrote:
On Aug 27, 3:00 pm, Hector wrote:

What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?

Would you believe its on a web site...

http://www.sizes.com/home/handles_broom.htm

"In the United States, most threaded handles for brooms, paint
rollers, extension poles for window washing brushes and squeegees, and
so forth, have threads ¾ inch in diameter, 5 threads per inch, Acme
form."

Dave

And you can get taps and ties for same from the usual woodworking
suppliers. New broomsticks are cheaper, though.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2410&filter=tap

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Aug 27, 3:00 pm, Hector wrote:

What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?

Would you believe its on a web site...

http://www.sizes.com/home/handles_broom.htm

"In the United States, most threaded handles for brooms, paint
rollers, extension poles for window washing brushes and squeegees, and
so forth, have threads ¾ inch in diameter, 5 threads per inch, Acme
form."

Dave

Yep I made a bunch on good "turned from solid" fittings for the
push brooms in the metal shop at school last year. I cut them
5 tpi Acme and they worked fine. That was the first Acme threads
I ever cut.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:11:19 -0600, Lew Hartswick

On Aug 27, 3:00 pm, Hector wrote:

What size thread is on paint poles and broom sticks(shop brooms)?

Would you believe its on a web site...

http://www.sizes.com/home/handles_broom.htm

"In the United States, most threaded handles for brooms, paint
rollers, extension poles for window washing brushes and squeegees, and
so forth, have threads ¾ inch in diameter, 5 threads per inch, Acme
form."

Dave

Yep I made a bunch on good "turned from solid" fittings for the
push brooms in the metal shop at school last year. I cut them
5 tpi Acme and they worked fine. That was the first Acme threads
I ever cut.
...lew...

Hardened & tempered 4340 broom poles or just A36?

:-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

What size thread is CATV? Terry Home Repair 9 November 6th 07 03:11 AM
Looking for a thread size Prometheus Woodturning 19 November 16th 06 11:00 AM
thread size 51 UK diy 8 September 22nd 06 06:21 PM
Starrett 823 ID Mic Thread Size doo Metalworking 0 July 31st 05 04:19 PM
What hole size for 1/2-20 thread? PrecisionMachinisT Metalworking 18 December 19th 04 07:27 PM