DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT- Union replaces Labor Day (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/257396-ot-union-replaces-labor-day.html)

azotic August 7th 08 07:32 AM

OT- Union replaces Labor Day

One for the Hmmmm.......... file.

Workers at Tyson Foods' poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no
longer have a paid day off on Labor Day, but will instead take the Muslim
holiday of Eid al-Fitr in the fall.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1449487.html

Best Regards
Tom.

Wes[_2_] August 9th 08 10:30 AM

OT- Union replaces Labor Day

"azotic" wrote:

One for the Hmmmm.......... file.

Workers at Tyson Foods' poultry processing plant in Shelbyville will no
longer have a paid day off on Labor Day, but will instead take the Muslim
holiday of Eid al-Fitr in the fall.

http://www.t-g.com/story/1449487.html

Sounds like there are a lot of muslims there.

If I happened to work for BH photo, www.bhphoto.com I suspect working Sunday would be the
norm and my holiday schedule would not mirror the traditional schedule we are accustomed
to.

Can Christians transfer to a pork processing plant to keep their normal holidays? ;)

Wes