Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone playing with brl-cad?

Someone I chat with suggested that this would be an free way to play a bit.

The solid modeler
http://brlcad.org/wiki/Documentation

A free gcode generator.
http://www.mecsoft.com/Mec/Products/FreeMill.shtml

I spent a few hours with the former and it seems to have possiblites. I was using the
windows version which is not as full featured afaikt. I couldn't do a conversion to dxf
to take over to autocad.

I tried to build source on a fedora box but it failed. Decided to do the yum update thing
and try again. 998MB of update over a 384K dsl. It will be tomorrow before I get to try
building tomorrow.

So anyone using it? Managed to build on Fedora? I see they offer a debian package but I
don't want to switch linuxes atm.

Wes