Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS - Bunch of misc. stuff...

Hi all,

Cleaning up, and trying to downsize my shed, so I have some stuff I'm
trying to get rid of to make room and get some cash to turn into
different (hopefully smaller) stuff. Thought I would offer these here
before hitting ebay, craig's list or whatever. I am located in USA,
NE Massachusetts, near Lowell. Locals are welcome to pick up, I'm
willing to ship any of the smaller stuff at buyers expense. All
prices are negotiable.

1: Single phase 2HP GE motor. From the nameplate: Model #5KC182AL202B,
single phase, 115/230V (24.8/12.4Amp) 60Hz. 1725RPM continuous duty.
NEMA "L", 1.15 SF, 182T Frame. Ball bearing and reversable.
This is an "industrial grade" motor and has a 1" shaft that has a 3
groove split bushing pulley on it. The pulley is easily removed. Not
sure what the original use was, but it has been sitting in a dry
unheated shed for about 6 years. In spite of its dirty and rusty
appearance, this motor starts and runs great, smooth, quiet and with
no vibration. I have not weighed it, but this is pretty heavy, likely
most suitable if you are local and can pick up. Shipping would be
costly. $75.00 Photo he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_0179.jpg

2: Flexy-shaft drill thingie. One of those "hardware store" grade
electric drill accessories, has a 3/8" shaft as a driven end, the
other end has a handle with a small keyless chuck (1/4", IIRC, can
check if you wish) on the other end. About 2.5' long. Has a grease
fitting to lube the shaft. This was given to me new, it has never
been used. $3.00 Photo he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../flexsft-1.jpg

3: Electric punch/press thingie. I'm not sure what the original
application was, but the tool end of the ram suggests that it was
used for some type of crimping or connector assembly. The ram moves
freely and is spring returned to the up position. The base is
approximatly 10" square, and the head is adjustable up and down on
the column, which is a solid round steel bar. Base and head are all
cast iron, this is quite heavy. All of the unpainted parts are
rusted, but would clean up and are not heavily pitted. There is no plug
on the cord, and no nameplate designating the voltage. I have tried
briefly applying 120VAC to it, and that extends the ram fully, though
not really fast or too powerfully, and it (predictably) buzzes at the
bottom of the stroke. Could be designed for higher voltage and/or DC.
I don't know and have no time or need to find out. If you know what
this is and have a need for one, you could save a bunch of money on
this. If not, the base and column might be a great start on an
oversized pillar tool type thing, tapping tool, or whatever your
imagination desires! All of your dreams could come true! Also likely
a bit too heavy for cost-effective shipping. No idea what this is, so
asking $15.00. Photo he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_0180.jpg

4: Air power odds & ends. Two Pressure/Vacuum diapharam switches,
solenoid valve, pressure cutout switch and foot air valve. According
to the nameplates, The 2 diaphram switches are adjustabe from -1.5 to
150 PSI. They actuate a standard looking large "Microswitch" type
switch that can be wired normally open or normally closed. I have not
tested these beyond verifying that the diaphrams do not leak. Air
connections are 1/4"NPT female.
The pressure cutout switch is the standard type found on
compressors, but the spring has been modified to lower the operating
range to about 40 to 60 or so PSI cutout.
The solenoid valve is normally closed, opens with 115VAC coil. 1/4"
npt female in and out.
The foot control valve is the type your dentist uses to control a
dental drill. Made to operate at about 50 PSI or less, the harder you
press, the more air flows.
$10.00 for the whole lot. Photos he

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_9846.jpg
closeup of nameplate:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_9847.jpg

5: triple solenoid valve & manifold thing. Three small air solenoid
valves mounted on a plate and fed from a common manifold. Solenoid
nameplates say they are 24VAC 60Hz, 8 Watts, 130PSI, 7/64" oriface.
Made by the Skinner Electric Valve Division, New Briton, CT.
Manifold has a 1/4" compression fitting to a short length of plastic
tube. Each valve has a 1/8" NPT female outlet. $8.00 Photo he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_8320.jpg
closeup of nameplate:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_8321.jpg

6: Airco regulator. Nameplate says it is for propane. All brass. Has
high and low side gauges, and a supply side fitting marked "CGA 580".
Outlet is a hose barb. I have never used this and cannot speak to its
operational condition, so would advise a through checkout by someone
qualified to to so before using this. Would be great for a forge or
casting furnace. Sold as-is at near scrap brass value. $8.00
Photos he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_8322.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_8323.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_8324.jpg

7: Old steam pressure gauges. These are off of an old steam heating
plant in an old mill building. One reads 0-60 PSI the other reads
0-30 PSI. Faces are about 4" in diameter. The 0-30 one has a nice
old-style pointer and has a hole in the middle that exposes some of
the brass gearing that drives the needle. The 0-60 one has a flange
for mounting to a panel. The cases are painted black. both are in
need of a good cleaning but otherwise in good shape. They were workng
when they came out of service, have not been used/tested since. Great
vintage look for your engine or boiler project. Take both for 20
bucks. Photos he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_0183.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/IMG_0184.jpg

More stuff to come, thanks for looking.

-Al A.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Al

I'll take the propane regulator. Let me know a total for shipping to zip
code 32766

CarlBoyd

"Al A." wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Boyd wrote:
Al

I'll take the propane regulator. Let me know a total for shipping to zip
code 32766

CarlBoyd

Done deal Carl. I'll email you with that a bit later this morning.
Thnaks,
Al A.