DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT, semi, with metal content. my electric bike trailer (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/253643-ot-semi-metal-content-my-electric-bike-trailer.html)

Bob in Phx June 21st 08 05:49 PM

OT, semi, with metal content. my electric bike trailer

So gas is way expensive, we all know that. I've switched from the Nissan
truck to the bus for my ride to work, with electric scooter assist the last
mile home. I then thought that it would be fun to have an electric bike,
just for short trips to the Circle K store or the grocery store. I
craigslist $30 broken electric scooter, 20 or so bucks in angle iron and a
trip to my scrap pile, plus batteries and here she is!!!!!!!! 17.1 mph on
flat ground, built to hold a collapsible cooler and almost anything else I
want to put on her.

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/with%20bag.JPG

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/withoutbag.JPG

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/deckoff.JPG

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/hitch.JPG

http://members.cox.net/rbelisle1/sprocket.JPG

what do you think??????
still needs paint but it runs, not to bad for a weekends work!!!!!!!!!

bob in phx

Winston June 21st 08 08:54 PM

Bob in Phx wrote:
So gas is way expensive, we all know that. I've switched from the Nissan
truck to the bus for my ride to work, with electric scooter assist the last
mile home. I then thought that it would be fun to have an electric bike,

Extremely cool, Bob!

When are you setting up the factory?

--Winston

Bob in Phx June 21st 08 09:16 PM

OT, semi, with metal content. my electric bike trailer

can make them for sale,,, someone else already has a patent.. and it drives
ok, but not great. There is a wee bit of wheel hop on bumpy roads. The drive
tire loads and unloads, due to the bumps, and the spins a little, then hooks
up... then spins, then hooks,,,etc... You can eliminate the issue by letting
up on the power. Its only a momentary thing, but a bit of a bother. Other
then that its a lot of fun... I have what they call the EV (electric
vehicle) GRIN......

bob in phx.

David Billington June 21st 08 10:01 PM

Bob in Phx wrote:
[...]

Nice work. I rely on muscle power to get my bike up the hill at the
moment but given time I'll need assistance. Maybe look at these guys for
ideas, they're local to me.