Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shenzhen Lathe problem - Hare & Forbes AL-335

Hi All

Can anyone help shed some light on this problem?

Aussie link http://www.machineryhouse.com.au/Pro...tockCode=L183#
Hare & Forbes Lathe code=L183

China link
http://cnchinadragon.manufacturer.gl...he-Machine.htm
Shenzen CQ6230B

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...230B_Lathe.JPG
dropbox link

Background Info
---------------------

Leadscrew = metric 3mm pitch

Change gears 1 Set: M=1.25 (pitch) Z=22T, 44T, 26T, 52T, 38T

Lathe: Shenzhen CQ6230B

FWIW the chinese manual that comes with the lathe is poor reading, sure that
are not designed to teach but they must convey a clear message/instuction
when referencing any information therein.

Down the left side of the lathe (headstock gearchange cover) there are 5
tables of information.

1. REVS/MM
2. REVS/INCH
3. THREADS METRIC PITCHES MM
4. THREADS IMPERIAL PITCHES 1/INCH
5. INDICATOR TABLE

Q1. In the top most table (revs/mm)
Under the column titled "position"
Third column from the left, there are two symbols (one demonstrating
horizontal, one demonstrating vertical)

horizontal ----^VW^---
vertical

What is their meaning (are they important, or can they be ignored)?

Q2. In the third table (THREADS IMPERIAL PITCHES 1/inch)
Under the column titled "position"
Second column from the left, there is the letter Z (directly underneath are
MII and MI)
Any clue as to what the letter Z means?
(I did find in the chinese manual that one of the change gears was referred
to as "Z=22T" as in a 22 teeth gear)

Are they trying to tell me that the 22 teeth gear is also known as the Z
gear?

Q3. In the third table (THREADS IMPERIAL PITCHES 1/inch)
Under the column titled "position"
First column from the left, (you may need to zoom in)

There is a small image on the table face where the image shows in part

48T (being on top)

(no in between gears)

Z ( being below it, is this referring to the Z gear ie: 22Teeth?)

Q4. In the third table (THREADS IMPERIAL PITCHES 1/inch)
Under the column titled "position"
Second column from the left,

If I wanted to produce a 24tpi thread, should I be selecting the levers A
and 3 with 48T on the top change gear and 22T gear on the bottom?

Thanks DazFNQ