DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mystery tool- what is it? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/253151-mystery-tool-what.html)

texasjim1093 June 14th 08 07:24 PM

Mystery tool- what is it?

Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with
other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher
glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like it
holds a frame square but it is pretty odd. The hold downs are on
dovetail slides. There are no logos, numbers or other markings on it
other than pencil notes that read 1/8" out, 3/8" out, etc. I was
gonna use the drop box at metalworking.com but it confused me so try
my photobucket account: http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ystery%20tool/

If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group
standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box.
Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

Tim B June 14th 08 09:23 PM

Mystery tool- what is it?

"texasjim1093" wrote in message
Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with
other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher
glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like it
holds a frame square but it is pretty odd. The hold downs are on
dovetail slides. There are no logos, numbers or other markings on it
other than pencil notes that read 1/8" out, 3/8" out, etc. I was
gonna use the drop box at metalworking.com but it confused me so try
my photobucket account:

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ystery%20tool/

If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group
standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box.
Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

My guess would be a device for stretching canvas while mounting it on a
frame.

[email protected] June 15th 08 12:57 PM

Mystery tool- what is it?

my photobucket account:http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...lius/Mystery%2...

If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group
standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box.
Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

Here's their site.
http://www.fletcher-terry.com/
It's screwed though.
Don't think it's a canvas stretcher though.
Karl

Lew Hartswick June 15th 08 08:08 PM

Mystery tool- what is it?

texasjim1093 wrote:
Hello, Jim in Texas here. I bought this from an estate along with
other tools in a package deal. One of the other items was a Fletcher
glass and mat cutter but this one has me baffled. It looks like it
holds a frame square but it is pretty odd. The hold downs are on
dovetail slides. There are no logos, numbers or other markings on it
other than pencil notes that read 1/8" out, 3/8" out, etc. I was
gonna use the drop box at metalworking.com but it confused me so try
my photobucket account: http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ystery%20tool/

If this posting of a link to my album is not acceptable to the group
standards please let me know and I will figure out the drop box.
Any help greatly appreciated, best regards, Jim Anderson

Does it look like it may be to hold parts to cut picture frames????
...lew...