Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Speedaire Compressor Model Number?

I have a Spededaire Compressor. 3HP Electric Motor. 25 gallon. 2
cylinder. Green color. Horizontal.

The only ID information seems to be the casting number on the
compressor. L206B.

I would like to purchase the gasket and valve kit.

Is this enough information? Would a picture of the compressor help?

Thanks
Bob AZ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You probably have the 2-3/4" bore by 2" stoke unit, grainger part number
4B247. (or possibly the 1-1/2" stroke pn 4B246) shown of page 1165 of
www.grainger.com

Parts kits are shown on page 1169 you can get gaskets, valves, rings and
the full head.

Bob AZ wrote:
I have a Spededaire Compressor. 3HP Electric Motor. 25 gallon. 2
cylinder. Green color. Horizontal.

The only ID information seems to be the casting number on the
compressor. L206B.

I would like to purchase the gasket and valve kit.

Is this enough information? Would a picture of the compressor help?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 12, 2:47�pm, RoyJ wrote:
You probably have the 2-3/4" bore by 2" stoke unit, grainger part number
� 4B247. (or possibly the 1-1/2" stroke pn 4B246) shown of page 1165 ofwww.grainger.com

Parts kits are shown on page 1169 you can get gaskets, valves, rings and
the full head.

Roy

Thanks for the very prompt response. It is appreciated.

After looking things over I really feel you have given me the
information I need. Everything in the illustration relates to my
compressor.

Next week after disassembling the compressor I will go to the local
Graingers, get the kit and install it.

Thanks again
Bob AZ
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There seems to be a minor model change somewhere over the years. I think
that SOME of the repair parts have changed. But the gasket and reeds
should be the same. I went through this a couple years back on a used
2hp Sears unit. Did not buy the repair parts, mine had 'other' issues.

The price for the repair parts from Grainger seemed to quite reasonable.

Bob AZ wrote:
On Jun 12, 2:47�pm, RoyJ wrote:
You probably have the 2-3/4" bore by 2" stoke unit, grainger part number
� 4B247. (or possibly the 1-1/2" stroke pn 4B246) shown of page 1165 ofwww.grainger.com

Parts kits are shown on page 1169 you can get gaskets, valves, rings and
the full head.

Roy

Thanks for the very prompt response. It is appreciated.

After looking things over I really feel you have given me the
information I need. Everything in the illustration relates to my
compressor.

Next week after disassembling the compressor I will go to the local
Graingers, get the kit and install it.

Thanks again
Bob AZ

Snowblower model number 6709 djogon Home Repair 20 September 2nd 06 04:32 PM
RCM Special: 2 HP Speedaire compressor for $150 Gunner Metalworking 1 August 31st 05 10:17 PM
Model number update..PLC8800N Lonny Electronics Repair 0 February 10th 05 08:24 PM
OT drill model number Ron Woodworking 1 December 20th 04 04:30 AM
RCA CTC135A/B (I think this is the chasis number I don't have model number) Color is screwed up. Robbie McFerren Electronics Repair 8 September 23rd 04 09:33 PM