Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sad Comment about McMaster-Carr

Guv Bob wrote:

7. On a different issue.... we have places 4 orders in the past 2 weeks -- all by credit card (as required). Two of these orders were shipped to addresses in other states that we never heard of.

Umm, there is a possibility that one or more people on the
inside are gaming their system, and diverting legitimate orders
to their cronies. If they are slow in correcting the problem,
you may have to contest the charges with your credit card company.

As for why they are requiring payment in advance, they may be
getting hit hard by collapsing businesses buying stuff just
before they go into bankruptcy. Of course, any diligent
business that has any computer software can almost always know
in advance who those businesses will be from payment history,
Dun & Bradstreet, etc.

I don't have an open account with them (they do where I work)
so I have always used a credit card with them, anyway. The last
time I ordered everything was fine, but that has been a while.
I often get belts and timing pulleys from them, as they are
cheaper than W.M. Berg and SDP for the standard sizes they carry.

Jon

Sad Comment about McMaster-Carr Guv Bob Woodworking 41 June 5th 08 06:34 PM
McMaster-Carr - Wow what service! TEF Woodworking 7 April 14th 05 03:08 PM
#98 McMaster Carr Catalog Bob Chilcoat Metalworking 4 February 23rd 05 12:14 AM
mcmaster carr 111 williamhenry Metalworking 0 February 1st 05 11:31 PM