Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default IN OBAMA'S OWN WORDS............

Subject: IN OBAMA'S OWN WORDS............

This guy wants to be our President and control our government. Pay
close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from
Obama's books in his words:

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at
the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was
ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive
sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me
wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: ; 'It remained necessary to prove which
side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike
out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men
whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the
black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought
in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the
political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

And these were collected withing the past few months...

* Last May, he claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000
people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in
Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual
death toll: 12.

*Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States:
“Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United
States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

*Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, South Dakota audience,
Obama exulted: “Thank you Sioux City…I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa
for too long. I’m sorry.”

*Explaining last week why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky,
Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much
better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not
surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in
the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

*Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March,
on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he
claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement:

“There was something stirring across the country because of what
happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march
across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”

Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His
spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking
metaphorically about the civil rights movement as a whole.”

*Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Obama showed off his
knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by honing in on a lack of
translators: “We only have a certain number of them and if they are all
in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real
reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak
Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic
languages.

*Over the weekend in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old,
multi-billion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear waste clean-up:

“Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that
is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know
exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I
promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride
back to the airport.”

I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at
least one defense authorization bill that addressed the “costs,
schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most
contaminated nuclear waste site.

*Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget
about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s “Dreams from My Father:”

“Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his
racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two
accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and
mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life
article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.”

* And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all,
Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesn’t “pose a
serious threat to us”–cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with
small defense budgets can’t do us harm– and then promptly flip-flopped
the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat
from Iran is grave.”

Barack Obama–promoted by the Left and the media as an all-knowing,
articulate, transcendent Messiah–is a walking, talking gaffe machine.
How many more passes does he get? How many more can we afford?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message

This guy wants to be our President and control our government. Pay
close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from
Obama's books in his words:

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at
the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was
ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive
sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me
wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: ; 'It remained necessary to prove which
side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike
out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men
whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the
black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought
in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the
[...]

I'm sure that all the right wing republicans who voted for Bush and will
next vote for McCain will be appalled by Obama's mistakes after nearly a
year of non stop campaigning. The same people who will not be bothered by
McCain's gaffes that will come in the next few months.

Sadly, the right wing will never understand when it's time to make a change,
to move in a different direction. They will always have to be dragged into
the future, kicking and screaming all the way. This election will be a
simple choice; do you want to pick another republican who is going to do
substantially the same things that Bush has done over the last eight years,
or do you want to choose someone who will take the country to a different
place than Bush has done. We've just had eight of the worst years I can
remember. Do we want to take a chance on someone like McCain who will be
identical to Bush on all the major issues? Not I. At this point I'd vote for
anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time as long as he's not a
republican.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 May 2008 17:38:45 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Steve W." quickly quoth:

This guy wants to be our President and control our government. Pay
close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from
Obama's books in his words:

--big snip of Bama BS--

I liked Ken Blackwell's column. A friend sent it to me today and it's
a very interesting point of view, don't you think?

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun
(picture at bottom)

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a
year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman
candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a
candidate who is the first front-running freedom fighter over 70. The
next president of America will be a first.

(LJ sez: I disagree with him on the viability of either candidate.
Give me Thomas Sowell or Colin Powell for President and I'll happily
vote for a black man. I wanted Libby Dole for our first woman
president but she was too smart for that.)

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however,
until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive
where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender.
Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we
need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his
policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a
nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is
now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper
look at him. Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy.
He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned
the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal
senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted
Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen
a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his
record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost.
George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael
Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not
behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if
he were in a beauty pageant.. Mr. Obama talks about getting past
party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of
America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is
underneath this superficial "beauty."

Start with national security, since the president's most important
duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked
about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons;
meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to
destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is
murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear
option was off the table against terrorists - something no president
has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the
1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned
all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would
put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care
system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements,
created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more
goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a
life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to
raise taxes on "the rich." How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes.
How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes.
Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His
solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother
on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to
open a stadium rally by saying, "All praise and glory to God!"
but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have
"hijacked" - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth
abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule
any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views
of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing.
His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in
that direction. In Illinois, he refused to vote against a statewide
ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left,
Hollywood, and San Francis co values, not Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs.
Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people
don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His
vision of "bringing America together" means saying that those who
disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers.
Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning
any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he
is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be
the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's
radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the
left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of
firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to
be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

(unknown attribution, way over the top, but...)
Subject: Kind of scary, wouldn't you think Remember--God
is good, and is in time, on time

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:

The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM
descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and
have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people
will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and
when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to repost this as many
times as you can! Each opportunity that you have to send it to a
friend or media outlet...do it! If you think I am crazy,. I'm sorry
but I refuse to take a chance on the "unknown" candidate.

--
I wish the Department of Homeland Security knew what
ol' Unca Doug did, instinctively, so many years ago:

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
-- General Douglas MacArthur
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip
it's time to make a change, to move in a different direction.

Hawke

Translation: It's hard work going up the hill, let's all jump off the
cliff...that's a new direction, that will be easier!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:

The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM
descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and
have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people
will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and
when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

Heh. That's what they said about George Bush. You *do* know he's really a
Muslim, right? I read it on the Web, so it must be true. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 May 2008 02:24:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:

The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM
descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and
have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people
will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and
when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

Heh. That's what they said about George Bush. You *do* know he's really a
Muslim, right? I read it on the Web, so it must be true. d8-)

Obama himself evidently acknowledged attending Muslim school, in his
book, Ed. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

I still don't see why a self-proclaimed conservative like yourself
wants to vote for such a raging liberal, Ed. Why is he so charismatic
to you, a thinking man? I really don't understand.

Tell ya what, if you can convince Thomas Sowell to run in his place,
I'll vote for him instead of McCain. wink

Hey, a McCain/Sowell ticket? That might appease everyone but the
liberals...

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 30, 9:15 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
[...]

You won't be voting for McCain in Nov., you'll be voting for his veep.

Even odds he won't finish his 1st term.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 29 May 2008 20:42:30 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of
firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to
be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

I hadn't realised you were one of his supporters. He certainly seems to be the
only one of the three that won't end up destroying your country.

Isn't it nice to be given a real choice of direction?

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of
firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to
be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

I hadn't realised you were one of his supporters. He certainly seems to be
the
only one of the three that won't end up destroying your country.

Isn't it nice to be given a real choice of direction?

Before you get too certain about it, check today's news about what the
Catholic Priest said yesterday at Obama's church. The priest apparently
doesn't like white people in general, and Hillary in particular. If I were
Obama, I'd have him stuffed and mounted immediately. g

However this looks from over there, Mark, it ain't. There is no way you
could catch the flavor of this from across the pond. You can follow the BBC,
the New York Times, the Washington Post, CNN, and anything else you want,
but you won't get the true flavor. It's like pins and needles.

But it is Obama's to lose. The sputtering antagonism you may see here is the
work of the very conservative dead-enders who tend to hang out here. They'd
might as well be ****ing upwind.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You want a laugh Ed?
Some 527 is running a 30 second Hillary spot here in CALIFORNIA today.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
wrote:

[...]

Jeez. They must have some money they have to get rid of.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

I've heard ten million dollars tossed around as the number HRC has put into
her campaign.
Can 527 money be used for that purpose?
Mark Penne must be ****ting the proverbial brick right about now.
The Clinton campaign just rejected a compromise on Florida and Michigan and
apparently indicated that they were ready to go all the way to the
Credentials Committee at the convention. There wouldn't be any way to cover
the loans from party coffers if that happens.
I wonder what she thinks she's doing?

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

I have no idea. That whole business is something I've never looked into.

Mark Penne must be ****ting the proverbial brick right about now.
The Clinton campaign just rejected a compromise on Florida and Michigan
and
apparently indicated that they were ready to go all the way to the
Credentials Committee at the convention. There wouldn't be any way to
cover
the loans from party coffers if that happens.
I wonder what she thinks she's doing?

I can only guess, but she may be playing brinkmanship over money. I heard a
couple of weeks ago that she was pushing Obama's campaign to cover her
campaign losses, but I haven't heard anything since. He had indicated then
that he would talk about it. Maybe the talks haven't gone her way and she's
turning up the screws.

But that's only a guess.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

Ed Huntress wrote:

m...

wrote:

[...]

HRC reminds me of the proverbial criminal that's hopped up on Angel Dust
and has been shot ten times by the cops. She's dead but just doesn't
know it yet.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 30 May 2008 21:07:55 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of
firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to
be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

I hadn't realised you were one of his supporters. He certainly seems to be the
only one of the three that won't end up destroying your country.

Isn't it nice to be given a real choice of direction?

Unless you're just trying to rile me, you've misquoted me there, Mark.
I can't stand Bama. I'll likely be voting for the lesser evil, McCain.

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

HRC reminds me of the proverbial criminal that's hopped up on Angel
Dust and has been shot ten times by the cops. She's dead but just
doesn't know it yet.

Damn that was funny!
It might also be true if you'd be willing to change out the drug for
whatever it is that politicians inject.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

I know that was in the works. I wonder if the terms became "problematic".

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
.. I'll likely be voting for the lesser evil, McCain.

I think the "Hold your nose" vote will carry the election against the
black Lenin.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:
I wonder what she thinks she's doing?

I can only guess, but she may be playing brinkmanship over money. I
heard a couple of weeks ago that she was pushing Obama's campaign to
cover her campaign losses, but I haven't heard anything since. He had
indicated then that he would talk about it. Maybe the talks haven't
gone her way and she's turning up the screws.

But that's only a guess.

HRC won't give up until the party shuts her down. Listen to her talk and
read some of the crap she has written. It is REAL obvious that she feels
she is entitled to be President because she has all the proper ideas and
methods to run the US. You should hear her talk when she is giving the
normal "We MUST control Blah,Blah" style speech. I can honestly say that
the person she reminds me most of is Joe Stalin. Same arrogant attitude
and same speech patterns.

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Don't be too sure. The election is not a national one but a state by state
one. If you start adding up the states that are going to go for McCain for
sure you will see that he's going to win quite a few of them. We saw what
happened in 2000 when the states fell the wrong way and Bush got into the
White House. It's not that big a stretch for McCain do the same thing
because you can never underestimate the racism that is alive and well in
this country. While "liberals" will gladly vote for a black, Hispanic,
Asian, or anything else that isn't the case with conservatives and
independents. When it comes down to actually voting for a black man for
president I can see a lot of white people pulling the handle for McCain at
the last minute. Just look at the 90% of black voters that Obama gets, you
can't tell me that's not about race. To think the whites are any different
is a fantasy. So I wouldn't be all that surprised to see McCain win because
as advanced as America likes to pretend it is it may still be too racist to
vote a black man into the presidency. If McCain were to win that would be
the final nail in America's coffin. Bush did most of the job and McCain
would polish it off. It could happen.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

She's too diplomatic to come out and say it outright but she's trying to get
the point across to the powers that be that if it comes down to a black man
vs. a white man this November the chances are the white man is going to win.
Oh, it'll be close but it'll be a loss for the black guy because too many
whites won't vote for a black candidate and that includes Democrats as well.
We just saw this in the Kentucky and West Virginia primaries. I think she
believes that she's the only person who can defeat McCain and that the
racism in this country won't allow Obama to win in a head to head against
McCain. I think she has a real good point too.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
[...]

I remember you. You were one of the guys who said that Bush would be a
really good president back in 2000 and 2004. So you can imagine how little
anyone listens to anything you have to say about presidential candidates
now. You shore knows a good one when you sees one. Not! A sure McCain
supporter giving opinions on Hillary. Why don't you call Rush. I'm sure he'd
ditto you.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
. I'll likely be voting for the lesser evil, McCain.

I think the "Hold your nose" vote will carry the election against the
black Lenin.

And if it does you can count on the next four years being just as nice as
the last four.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Clark Magnuson wrote:
wrote:

You won't be voting for McCain in Nov., you'll be voting for his veep.

Even odds he won't finish his 1st term.

Dave

McCain is campaigning with his mother.
Don't wait for people to die, they may out live YOU.

McCain will be 72 this year... which makes him 19 years *younger* than Senator
Robert Byrd.

Heck, my own father will be 77 in a few months, and he's still in excellent
shape both physically and mentally. What's the big deal about 72?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 30, 9:35 pm, "Hawke" wrote:

She's too diplomatic to come out and say it outright but she's trying to get
the point across to the powers that be that if it comes down to a black man
vs. a white man this November the chances are the white man is going to win.
Oh, it'll be close but it'll be a loss for the black guy because too many
whites won't vote for a black candidate and that includes Democrats as well.
We just saw this in the Kentucky and West Virginia primaries. I think she
believes that she's the only person who can defeat McCain and that the
racism in this country won't allow Obama to win in a head to head against
McCain. I think she has a real good point too.

Hawke

On the other hand there are a lot of voters that will not vote for a
woman. She has complained about sexism among the Democrats being the
reason she is losing.
She must believe the Republicans are less sexist than the Democrats if
she believes she has a better chance against McCain.
Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

You won't be voting for McCain in Nov., you'll be voting for his veep.

Even odds he won't finish his 1st term.

Dave

McCain is campaigning with his mother.
Don't wait for people to die, they may out live YOU.

McCain will be 72 this year... which makes him 19 years *younger* than Senator
Robert Byrd.

Heck, my own father will be 77 in a few months, and he's still in excellent
shape both physically and mentally. What's the big deal about 72?

I'll be 76 in a few months and I'm in not too bad shape myself. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Lew Hartswick wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

McCain will be 72 this year... which makes him 19 years *younger* than Senator
Robert Byrd.

Heck, my own father will be 77 in a few months, and he's still in excellent
shape both physically and mentally. What's the big deal about 72?

I'll be 76 in a few months and I'm in not too bad shape myself. :-)
...lew...

So what's your opinion, Lew -- is McCain too old to be President??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Hawke wrote in article

I'm sure that all the right wing republicans who voted for Bush and will
next vote for McCain will be appalled by Obama's mistakes after nearly a
year of non stop campaigning. The same people who will not be bothered by
McCain's gaffes that will come in the next few months.

Just taking a cue from the liberal reaction to both Hillarious' and B.
Hussein's gaffes.

Sadly, the right wing will never understand when it's time to make a

change,
to move in a different direction. They will always have to be dragged

into
the future, kicking and screaming all the way.

]
You make it sound as though anybody who disagrees with your POV should have
no say in what the future should be....just to follow you and YOUR
decisions, and "...be dragged into (YOUR) future...." without any input..

That's so typically liberal.....

........yet, the next thing you mention is "choice."

This election will be a
simple choice; .....At this point I'd vote for
anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time as long as he's not a
republican.

Hawke

So, you've made YOUR choice.

Why are you so against others having the right to make THEIR OWN choices -
even if it differs from yours?

BTW - Posted any metal-related content lately???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Hawke wrote in article
[...]

Let's see if I understand liberal thought.....

It is NOT racist for a black to vote for Obama because he's black....but it
IS racist to NOT vote for Obama because he's black.

It is NOT sexist for a woman to vote for Clinton because she is a
woman....but it IS sexist to NOT vote for Clinton because she is a woman.

It IS racist for a white person to vote for McCain because he is
white....but it is NOT racist for a black person to NOT vote for McCain
because he is white.

I've always said that if anything IS considered a valid reason to vote FOR
someone, then it should be considered just as valid a reason to NOT vote
for them.

Someone else is setting the rules.....I'm just following the rules that
some others seem to be playing by.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When it comes down to actually voting for a black man for
president I can see a lot of white people pulling the handle for McCain at
the last minute. Just look at the 90% of black voters that Obama gets, you
can't tell me that's not about race. To think the whites are any different
is a fantasy. So I wouldn't be all that surprised to see McCain win because
as advanced as America likes to pretend it is it may still be too racist to
vote a black man into the presidency.

What makes you say he's black?

Last time I looked, he was a half-breed. He's as much white as black!

As to Ed's comments about his priest. I would hope that a president of the USA
wouldn't go listening to priests or his/her god for advice when making
decisions. That would be the behaviour of a mad man...

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mark Rand wrote:
When it comes down to actually voting for a black man for
president I can see a lot of white people pulling the handle for
McCain at the last minute. Just look at the 90% of black voters that
Obama gets, you can't tell me that's not about race. To think the
whites are any different is a fantasy. So I wouldn't be all that
surprised to see McCain win because as advanced as America likes to
pretend it is it may still be too racist to vote a black man into
the presidency.

What makes you say he's black?

Last time I looked, he was a half-breed. He's as much white as black!

As to Ed's comments about his priest. I would hope that a president
of the USA wouldn't go listening to priests or his/her god for advice
when making decisions. That would be the behaviour of a mad man...

'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to
solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not,
the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'" - George W.
Bush

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mark Rand" wrote in message

When it comes down to actually voting for a black man for
president I can see a lot of white people pulling the handle for McCain at
the last minute. Just look at the 90% of black voters that Obama gets, you
can't tell me that's not about race. To think the whites are any different
is a fantasy. So I wouldn't be all that surprised to see McCain win
because
as advanced as America likes to pretend it is it may still be too racist
vote a black man into the presidency.

What makes you say he's black?

Last time I looked, he was a half-breed. He's as much white as black!

As to Ed's comments about his priest. I would hope that a president of the
USA
wouldn't go listening to priests or his/her god for advice when making
decisions. That would be the behaviour of a mad man...

It's hard to read the extent to which any individual is really influenced by
his religion or religious leaders, but I strongly suspect that Obama draws a
distinct line between spiritual issues and his political judgment.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John R. Carroll wrote:

Jim Chandler wrote:

John R. Carroll wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

Ed Huntress wrote:

news:udn0449uf8qkf2mgr6effujrusvjvv4sc4@4ax. com...

wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

HRC reminds me of the proverbial criminal that's hopped up on Angel
Dust and has been shot ten times by the cops. She's dead but just
doesn't know it yet.

Damn that was funny!
It might also be true if you'd be willing to change out the drug for
whatever it is that politicians inject.

The drug mentioned was purely illustrative. Select your own choice. :-)

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

[...]

And when McCain wins we'll have to listen to the Democrats whine for the
next four years about "racism" and "sexism". Just like we've had to
listen to them whine for the past EIGHT years about the "stolen"
elections. Never mind that the candidates they run are **** (they all
are, both sides) they just gotta have someone else to blame.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote:

Jim Chandler wrote:

John R. Carroll wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

snip long list of reasons to vote for Obama

HRC reminds me of the proverbial criminal that's hopped up on Angel
Dust and has been shot ten times by the cops. She's dead but just
doesn't know it yet.

Damn that was funny!
It might also be true if you'd be willing to change out the drug for
whatever it is that politicians inject.

The drug mentioned was purely illustrative. Select your own choice.
:-)

Hey,
I'd give the lot of them an IV of lead or Mercury.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message

snip

And when McCain wins we'll have to listen to the Democrats whine for the
next four years about "racism" and "sexism".

You're the first to make it to my "2008 election predictions" file. When I
pull it out in November, it may come back to bite you. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message

snip

And when McCain wins we'll have to listen to the Democrats whine for the
next four years about "racism" and "sexism".

You're the first to make it to my "2008 election predictions" file. When I
pull it out in November, it may come back to bite you. g

--
Ed Huntress

Not exactly a prediction, more a hope, I think. Just a way to make the
rest of the sentence fit.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jim Chandler" wrote in message

snip

And when McCain wins we'll have to listen to the Democrats whine for the
next four years about "racism" and "sexism".

You're the first to make it to my "2008 election predictions" file. When
I pull it out in November, it may come back to bite you. g

--
Ed Huntress

Not exactly a prediction, more a hope, I think. Just a way to make the
rest of the sentence fit.

Jim

Yeah, yeah...you're having second thoughts. d8-)

One thing is for sure, Jim: no prediction now is better than any other.
Obama has an edge, but it's likely to slip back before it's all over.

--
Ed Huntress