Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Clausing Compound

Would anyone happen to know if a compound from a 12" Clausing 5900
might by chance fit a 13" Clausing 1300? I need a cross slide for my
1300 and I have seen a few for 5900's come and go on ebay. Clausing
is a little reluctant or unable to provide interchange info - they
would have to pull the drawings, as they no longer sell the parts.
maybe someone could measure the cross slide way width on a 5900?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On my 5914
top width of the dove tail is 2.550
bottom width of the dovetail is 2.150
height of dovetail is 0.500
width of the crossslide ( and bottom surface) is 3.900

Good luck...

--.- Dave (Old C-182)