Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ebay stuff...what do I with with em?

On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

LAMBDA REGULATED POWER SUPPLY LK-361-FMOV

This 150lb pig is a 220volt 1ph input power supply, with switched
voltages from 6vts to 40vts DC, at up to 60 amps per range with
switchable current limiting from 3-60 amps

Picture didnt show the volt ranges very well, but hoped..hoped that it
would be adjustable downwards. Thought it might make a decent
electro-deruster.

Any suggestions to other uses?

Other item I purchased was

BECKMAN 7200 DIGITAL CONTROLLER (330234947588)

I think,,,think that these are programable temperature controllers,
useful for running a heat treating furnace

There are (5) in the lot, if anyone wants to purchase one from me.
I only need at most (2)

Beckman doesnt seem to have the manual available without going through
all sorts of bull****

Btw..the seller is good....but there is one catch..they charge
handling....Usually for small items...$10 for the "fill the box with
foam"..however..I was EXTREMELY ****ed off to be charged $44 for
"handling" for the two auction items above, for local pickup.

I nearly always leave the foam and box behind when I pick the stuff
up. Ive bought a fair amount of stuff from them in the last couple
months...with NO break on "handling", which is often far more than
what I paid for the item originally.

Im having to reevaluate my future puchases from them......

And emailing them is like ****ing into the wind. Calling them is
better.

When I ask them if they have say...a function generator for sale, they
say no, then 2 days later one goes up on auction. selling for less
than what Id pay cash...

Koreans...shrug.

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
[...]

So, Grasshopper. Tell us what you have learned from this experience.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Look at converting the power supply to constant current instead of constant
voltage and use it for anodizing???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It can make a decent electro-anything.

I have a similar one with a slightly smaller range, but 110v.

I use it for testing DC motors, running laptops lacking power
supplies, and so on.

On 2008-05-26, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

•£Ä •£Ä •£Ä •£Ä •£Ä •£Ä •£Ämariposa rand mair theal

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

By the way,. this jtsele is a real asshole, as evidenced by their
feedback. Leave them some neg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Den wrote:

Look at converting the power supply to constant current instead of constant
voltage and use it for anodizing???

No need to convert. They are CV/CC designs.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeez Gunner,

Spot welder...

Electro-plater..

ZIP Diver blaster... LOL..

--.- Dave

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

LAMBDA REGULATED POWER SUPPLY LK-361-FMOV

This 150lb pig is a 220volt 1ph input power supply, with switched
voltages from 6vts to 40vts DC, at up to 60 amps per range with
switchable current limiting from 3-60 amps

Picture didnt show the volt ranges very well, but hoped..hoped that it
would be adjustable downwards. Thought it might make a decent
electro-deruster.

Any suggestions to other uses?

An avionics shop might pay good money for it.
Try an ad in Trade-a-Plane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-26, Jim Stewart wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

LAMBDA REGULATED POWER SUPPLY LK-361-FMOV

This 150lb pig is a 220volt 1ph input power supply, with switched
voltages from 6vts to 40vts DC, at up to 60 amps per range with
switchable current limiting from 3-60 amps

Picture didnt show the volt ranges very well, but hoped..hoped that it
would be adjustable downwards. Thought it might make a decent
electro-deruster.

Any suggestions to other uses?

An avionics shop might pay good money for it.
Try an ad in Trade-a-Plane.

I think that all avionics shops are well stocked up with this sort of
stuff. The power supplies are good, but there is an excess of them.
I sold a bunch of PP-1104C/G supplies, of similar kind, they only
fetch $150 or so. Ham people like them.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
news
Gunner Asch wrote:
On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

you might try offering the lambda supply to folks who tinker with old
radios - particularly battery radios - there is a newsgroup for such folks
(search on radio+phono to find it) - the lambda supply is, as I recall, a
linear supply and hence very low noise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

LAMBDA REGULATED POWER SUPPLY LK-361-FMOV

This 150lb pig is a 220volt 1ph input power supply, with switched
voltages from 6vts to 40vts DC, at up to 60 amps per range with
switchable current limiting from 3-60 amps

snip

You're building a "Time Machine"! I can tell, I want to go too! Let's go back
and slap Cliff's mother for a start. Then we could tell "young me" to do
something useful with his life.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well, if you're into CNC, that PS would run steppers, servos, whatever in
its voltage range.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Then we could tell "young me" to do
something useful with his life.

Yow-boy, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back to about
1971 and give myself a swift kick in the arse and a brief
lecture....

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
. ..
Tom Gardner wrote:

Then we could tell "young me" to do something useful with his life.

Yow-boy, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back to about 1971 and give
myself a swift kick in the arse and a brief lecture....

Jon

but ask yourself this - if you could, would you listen to yourself?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 May 2008 02:16:30 -0800, "SteveB"
toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Call, not email them for
handling charges before bidding and take that into consideration
before making a bid?

Koreans are tight asses?

Not all good deals are as good as they seem?

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 May 2008 19:11:35 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

Then we could tell "young me" to do
something useful with his life.

Yow-boy, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back to about
1971 and give myself a swift kick in the arse and a brief
lecture....

Jon

Id go back to 1973 and scream "Incoming" ....

Shrug

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 May 2008 23:19:04 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Should work perfectly well for electrolytic de-rusting. Was the final invoice
sent via ebay or direct? If direct, report that sale and every one of their
other sales to ebay for fee avoidance.

Petty vengeance makes the world go round :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tough call,,

Either '72 to swig more J.D. with Pig Pen,
or '80 and take that job Bill Gates offered me...

--.- Dave

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On a whim, since Ive purchased from them before, and can do local
pickup...I bid on and won
Ebay #s
330235906492

LAMBDA REGULATED POWER SUPPLY LK-361-FMOV

This 150lb pig is a 220volt 1ph input power supply, with switched
voltages from 6vts to 40vts DC, at up to 60 amps per range with
switchable current limiting from 3-60 amps

snip

You're building a "Time Machine"! I can tell, I want to go too! Let's go
back and slap Cliff's mother for a start. Then we could tell "young me"
to do something useful with his life.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wayback Machine Ebay stuff...what do I with with em?

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Jon Anderson
wrote on Mon, 26 May 2008 19:11:35 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
Tom Gardner wrote:

Then we could tell "young me" to do
something useful with his life.

Yow-boy, what I wouldn't give to be able to go back to about
1971 and give myself a swift kick in the arse and a brief
lecture....

'69/70, with one of Calvin's Transmogrify Rayguns. Little
personality implant (easy enough to do on a high school freshman) and
a variation on that lecture ("One word, son,: 'machining'). When the
opportunity comes to travel broad, take it! Marry Her, anyway.
Arrgh! Youth is wasted on the young!

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed