DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Converting specific gravity to percent solution (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/250502-converting-specific-gravity-percent-solution.html)

Monty May 18th 08 06:58 PM

Converting specific gravity to percent solution

I recently got an interest in anodizing at home. One of the key
ingredients called for by most home-brew anodizing methods is battery
(sulfuric) acid. I went to my local auto parts store and purchased 6
quarts of battery acid with a specific gravity of 1.265. How can I
convert that number to a percent solution?

Thanks

Karl Townsend May 18th 08 07:32 PM

"Monty" wrote in message
I recently got an interest in anodizing at home. One of the key
ingredients called for by most home-brew anodizing methods is battery
(sulfuric) acid. I went to my local auto parts store and purchased 6
quarts of battery acid with a specific gravity of 1.265. How can I
convert that number to a percent solution?

Thanks

I had the same query a while back.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...b6eb78f1d33dac

Karl