DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   US Food Shortages (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/246997-re-us-food-shortages.html)

David R Brooks April 24th 08 08:54 AM

US Food Shortages

Cliff wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:33:15 +0200, Monika Krug
wrote:

Darrell Stec schrieb:

"The Rifleman" wrote:

Major retailers in New York, in areas of New England, and on the West
Coast are limiting purchases of flour, rice, and cooking oil as demand
outstrips supply.
Expect to see a huge rise or shortage in toilet paper too. It sounds
stupid, I know, but toilet paper is a world wide commodity. Rice comes in
a distant second.

I didn't realize it until I got involved in an international business about
a decade ago.

I don't doubt it. Before the reunification, toilet paper was a lot lower
quality here, sometimes referred to as sandpaper.

Some of the stuff in Australia is much like waxed paper.
Think about it.

You're meant to wash that stuff, & re-use it! That's why it's
water-repellent :-)

So there is a direct
connection between toilet paper and the economy in general.

Monika.