Old April 15th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Apr 14, 10:17*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
clare, at, snyder, dot, ontario, dot, canada wrote:

No, I build airplanes
and silly bikes

* *Like I said, you make your own entertainment.

I'm not a "hoser" - I don't drink beer.

* *Haven't had one in about 34 years, or any other alcohol for that
matter. I always had something else to spend money on, and you can't do
good work when you're drunk.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM

Both very good points.

TMT

Old April 15th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 14, 1:21*pm, Eregon wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:81209b9d-8ea9-436a-
:

And what has the Republican Congress been doing for a decade or two in
the mean time?

Trying to keep the Dumberncraps from spending MY money!

LOL...if you do ANY research you will find that the Republicans have
been spending your money.

Have you checked the national REPUBLICAN debt lately?

TMT
Old April 15th 08, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 15, 12:27 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Apr 14, 11:57 am, Bill wrote:

wrote :

snip

BECAUSE WITH OUR OPEN BORDERS AND PORTS...
THEY'RE ALREADY HERE. OBVIOUS.

CitizenJimserac

You need to find caps lock key and turn it off or did you mean to look
completely unhinged.

The boarders need to be tightened up quite a bit and I completely disagree
with the way the President and Congress has dropped the ball, kicked it and
then walked the other way to find it but if you haven't noticed the bad
guys are mostly focused on the middle east since we bitch slapped Saddam.
I'd rather have Al-Qaeda and friends over there trying to blow up people
and places then right in the US trying the same thing.

I'm sure there are sleeper cells all over the US but since they are still
trying to prove we can be driven out of the middle east they've not spent
the energy to do more damage here which allows the Alphabet soup groups
along with homeland security more leeway in finding the ones here.

Bill

Bill...sleeper cells wait for the right time(s).

The fact that they ARE here and have not acted YET speaks volumes.

That fact keeps a lot of good law enforcement people awake at night.

TMT

Exactly correct. So anyone claiming that they're fighting to stop
them over there is either a simpleton or an idiot.

Citizen Jimserac
Old April 15th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 14, 12:55 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

. 97.142...

wrote in news:9aee4af6-228a-410b-
:

On Apr 14, 1:51 am, Gunner Asch wrote:

DINOSAUR POLITICS!

What a delightful characterization of
your position.

I will leave you with a sample of the depth of "strategy"
of our commander (sic) in chief:
"We've gotta stop them over there BEFORE they
come over here".

You don't have to be a liberal to see how STUPID
THAT is.

CitizenJimserac

No, but you have to be a liberal to be stupid enough to make such a
statement.

How in your view is stopping them before they come over here and blow up
more stuff and kill more civilians a lack of depth in strategy?? If
someone tells me that they are going to kill my family and blow up my
house
I'm not going to wait until it happens, I'm going to make sure one way or
another it CAN'T happen.

Because there's nothing stopping them *now* from coming over here and
blowing up more stuff. And there are fewer trained people here now to stop
them. Our defensive resources are busy, over there.

Bill, the whole idea that we're "stopping them" over there, so they won't
come over here, may be the stupidist strategy idea in the history of the US.
The people we're stopping "over there" aren't the same people who would come
over here, in the first place. Fighting them over there just increases their
incentive to strike over here. And we're wasting our resources fighting
thousands of them over there, when what we really need to do is to protect
against perhaps dozens of them attacking over here. See 9/11 for reference.

--
Ed Huntress

Exactly correct. Thank God there are people that
can still think and still have common sense and
do not listen to such strategic nonsense as the "president"
has spouted.

This does NOT mean that the Democrats have anything
better. Their party, too, was hijacked and partially destroyed by the
neo-cons.

Somehow, Bush and the neo-cons made ANY QUESTIONING of their idiot
pretend war on terrorism un-patriotic. That worked for a while but
by now the vast majority of the American people have figured out that
the war on terrorism and the war on Iraq are two different things with
wildly disparate motives and objectives.

This does not bode well for Bush's "legacy" (GUFFAW).

Citizen Jimserac
Old April 15th 08, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 14, 1:18 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Apr 14, 10:25 am, wrote:

On Apr 14, 11:01 am, Bill wrote:

[...]

CitizenJimserac- Hide quoted text -

Correct.

And those open borders are because of Bush.

TMT

Well yes, mostly so, but the policies and intentional non-enforcement
of border laws goes back several decades before Bush and BOTH
political parties and various administrations were complicit.

The near dysfunctional state of the dept. of Immigration and
Naturalization, and their incredible approval of renewal of student
visas for several of the terrorists who died in the 9-11 attacks
attest to that.

It is clear that without border and port security in the U.S., the
idea that the war in Iraq would stop terrorists from coming here was
a farce, good for news sound bytes and NOTHING more.

Citizen jimserac

Old April 15th 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Citizen Jimserac wrote in
:

snip
This does not bode well for Bush's "legacy" (GUFFAW).

Citizen Jimserac

Ah, now I understand, you are in the last stages of BDS. Doesn't matter
what Bush does he is evil, stupid, etc....

Into the pit with you, 'plink'

Bill
Old April 15th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:10:57 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:08:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
Spehro Pefhany quickly quoth:

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:17:34 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

clare, at, snyder, dot, ontario, dot, canada wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 19:37:38 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:.

Bbbbut, you're all lumberjacks (and you're OK), aren't you?

All the lumberjacks are either east of the Ottawa valley or north of
ther 49th. The vast majority of us Canuks live south of the 49th in
central ontario.

So you're not OK? ;-)

'e puts on women's clothing and hangs around in bars

OK, turn the volume UP, boys and girls.

In case Clare hasn't heard it, here is the object of my inference:

Oh the mighty Monty Python.
I've never been a GREAT fan of his humour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0

And another fun one, decanted much more recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ajZ...eature=related

And last, while you're still there, one of my all-time faves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQp...eature=related

Metal content: They wear armor (if you watch some of the Holy Grail
also linked on the YouTube page.)

Old April 15th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

snip

"Citizen" Jim needs to have someone explain, probably with small
words and simple pictures. how really stupid it is to wait until
something bad happens, and then launch a police investigation.

Do you apply that principle to gun control, too?

--
Ed Huntress

Old April 15th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:58:13 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 06:35:16 -0700 (PDT), Citizen Jimserac
wrote:

On Apr 14, 1:51 am, Gunner Asch wrote:

DINOSAUR POLITICS!

What a delightful characterization of
your position.

I will leave you with a sample of the depth of "strategy"
of our commander (sic) in chief:
"We've gotta stop them over there BEFORE they
come over here".

You don't have to be a liberal to see how STUPID
THAT is.

Citizen Jimserac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

Thanks gunner.

"Citizen" Jim needs to have someone explain, probably with small
words and simple pictures. how really stupid it is to wait until
something bad happens, and then launch a police investigation. I
figure a Tanya Harding episode applied personally might get the
message though.

"The ear of the fool is on his back" - an Egyptian Proverb I
recall from my travels.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed
Old April 16th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:40:18 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada quickly quoth:

wrote:

In case Clare hasn't heard it, here is the object of my inference:

Oh the mighty Monty Python.
I've never been a GREAT fan of his humour.

No, you aren't, are you? "He" is a "they". Just like Jethro Tull, who
originally invented the seed drill in the 18th century.

Maybe you'll like this humor: (set the coffee cups down, folks)

One Man's Good Fight
--------------------

I went grocery shopping recently while not being altogether sure that
course of action was a wise one. You see, the previous evening I had
prepared and consumed a massive quantity of my patented "You're
definitely going to $h!t yourself" chili. Tasty stuff, albeit hot to
the point of being painful, which comes with a written guarantee from
me
that if you eat the next day both of your a$$ cheeks WILL fall off.

Here's the thing. I had awakened that morning, and even after two cups
of coffee (and all of you know what I mean) nothing happened. No
"Watson's Movement 2". Despite habanera peppers swimming their way
through my intestinal tract, I appeared to be unable to create the
usual morning symphony referred to by my next door neighbors as
thunder and
lightning.

Knowing that a time of reckoning had to come, yet not sure of just
when, I bravely set off for the market; a local Wal-Mart grocery store
that I
often haunt in search of tasty tidbits.

Upon entering the store at first all seemed normal. I selected a cart
and began pushing it about dropping items in for purchase. It wasn't
until I was at the opposite end of the store from the restrooms that
the pain hit me. Oh, don't look at me like you don't know what I'm
talking
about. I'm referring to that "Uh oh, gotta go" pain that always seems
to hit us at the wrong time. The thing is, this pain was different.

The habaneras in the chili from the night before were staging a
revolt.
In a mad rush for freedom they bullied their way through the small
intestines, forcing their way into the large intestines, and before I
could take one step in the direction of the restrooms which would
bring
sweet relief, it happened. The peppers fired a warning shot.

There I stood, alone in the spice and baking aisle, suddenly enveloped
in a noxious cloud the likes of which has never before been recorded.
was afraid to move for fear that more of this vile odor might escape
me.
Slowly, oh so slowly, the pressure seemed to leave the lower part of
my
body, and I began to move up the aisle and out of it, just as an
elderly woman turned into it.

I don't know what made me do it, but I stopped to see what her
reaction
would be to the malodorous effluvium that refused to dissipate, as she
walked into it unsuspecting. Have you ever been torn in two different
directions emotionally? Here's what I mean, and I'm sure some of you
at
least will be able to relate.

I could've warned that poor woman but didn't. I simply watched as she
walked into an invisible, and apparently indestructible, wall of odor
so terrible that all she could do before gathering her senses and
running,
was to stand there blinking and waving her arms about her head as
though trying to ward off angry bees. This, of course, made me feel
terrible,
but then made me laugh. Mistake.

Here's the thing. When you laugh, it's hard to keep things "clamped
down", if you know what I mean. With each new guffaw an explosive
issue
burst forth from my nether region. Some were so loud and echoing that
was later told a few folks in other aisles had ducked, fearing that
someone was robbing the store and firing off a shotgun.

Suddenly things were no longer funny. IT was coming, and I raced off
through the store towards the restrooms, laying down a cloud the whole
way, praying that I'd make it before the grand mal assplosion took
place.

Luck was on my side. Just in the nick of time I got to the john, began
the inevitable "Oh my God", floating above the toilet seat because my
ass is burning SO BAD, purging. One poor fellow walked in while I was
in the middle of what is the true meaning of "Shock and Awe". He made
gagging sound, and disgustedly said, "Sonofabitch!", then quickly
left.

Once finished I left the restroom, reacquired my partially filled cart
intending to carry on with my shopping when a store employee
approached
me and said, "Sir, you might want to step outside for a few minutes.
It
appears some prankster set off a stink bomb in the store. The manager
is going to run the vent fans on high for a minute or two which ought
take care of the problem."

That of course set me off again, causing residual gases to escape me.
The employee took one sniff, jumped back pulling his shirt up to cover
his nose and, pointing at me in an accusing manner shouted, "IT'S
YOU!", then ran off returning moments later with the manager. I was
unceremoniously escorted from the premises and asked none too kindly
not to return.

Home again without having shopped, I realized that there was nothing
eat but leftover chili, so I consumed two more bowls. The next day I
went to shop at Albertson's. I can't say anymore about that because we
are in court over the whole matter. *******s claim they're going to
have to repaint the store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0

And another fun one, decanted much more recently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ajZ...eature=related

And last, while you're still there, one of my all-time faves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQp...eature=related

Metal content: They wear armor (if you watch some of the Holy Grail
also linked on the YouTube page.)

It is better to wear out than to rust out.
-- Bishop Richard Cumberland