Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 4000 and counting ...

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Sid9 wrote:

Actually we shouldn't fool around with Canada.

We import a lot of oil from them.

They also send a lot of tourists who spend those really valuable Loonies
here.

They also spend the winter in Florida while driving 20 MPH under the
speed limit, and across the center line of two lane roads.

snip
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

American tourists do the same thing in Canada! It's frustrating to be behind
one of them wandering all over the road, while barely moving. When I am
driving in a strange place, I pull over to the roadside to look at the
scenery, or when there is a need to figure out where I am! It works both
ways!

Steve R.

--
Reply address munged to bugger up spammers

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sid9 wrote:

Actually we shouldn't fool around with Canada.

We import a lot of oil from them.

They also send a lot of tourists who spend those really valuable Loonies
here.

They also spend the winter in Florida while driving 20 MPH under the
speed limit, and across the center line of two lane roads.

snip
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

American tourists do the same thing in Canada! It's frustrating to be behind
one of them wandering all over the road, while barely moving. When I am
driving in a strange place, I pull over to the roadside to look at the
scenery, or when there is a need to figure out where I am! It works both
ways!

I Believe you. I found out where all the bad Ohio drivers went during
the winter, when I moved to Florida. I still think that if they can't
drive safely, they need to loose their license, no matter where they are
from. Not only do snowbirds drive slow, it takes them three hours to
drink a cup of coffee in a restaurant, while people wait for an empty
table.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sid9 wrote:

[...]

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, and got my driver's permit at age 14, the
driving instructors gave us special instructions for driving around people
with gray hair who were driving big cars. The story then was that they
probably had tunnel vision and that you had to drive assuming that they
couldn't see you. Often they were right.

It was nerve-racking when you were riding a motorcycle.

However, regarding Canadians: I worked on the boardwalk at Wildwood, NJ when
I was 21. It was a summer home for Québécois, and they were mad. They
probably were no more than 10%, or maybe 20% of the population, but they
seemed to cause half of the accidents. A Quebec license plate was a warning
to stay clear and get out of the way.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

When I lived in Ft. Lauderdale, and got my driver's permit at age 14, the
driving instructors gave us special instructions for driving around people
with gray hair who were driving big cars. The story then was that they
probably had tunnel vision and that you had to drive assuming that they
couldn't see you. Often they were right.

It was nerve-racking when you were riding a motorcycle.

I've never ridden a motorcycle

However, regarding Canadians: I worked on the boardwalk at Wildwood, NJ when
I was 21. It was a summer home for Québécois, and they were mad. They
probably were no more than 10%, or maybe 20% of the population, but they
seemed to cause half of the accidents. A Quebec license plate was a warning
to stay clear and get out of the way.

It's the same way for tags from certain counties in Florida. Dade
county is one of them. They are usually lost if they are in this area.
You hear it on the news from time to time that a missing person from
South Florida was found in the area, "Dazed and very confused"

The worst drivers around here are those who retired and moved to "The
Villages" from New York City, and had never driven until they were in
their '60s.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

The worst drivers around here are those who retired and moved to "The
Villages" from New York City, and had never driven until they were in
their '60s.

Ha! We have something even worse. The area within 8 miles of my home has the
largest concentration of newly arrived Asian Indians in North America
("Patel" fills almost two pages of the phone book). The women have never
driven a car before, but they're all learning. If you see "Patel's Driving
School" on the side of a car, or a woman in a headscarf driving a new Lexus
or Benz, you turn and go the other way. g

They get confused easily. And so they stop. Wherever they a middle of the
road, halfway through an intersection, or (God save us) in the middle of a
circle (roundabout).

I wonder if they have the same problem in England?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

The worst drivers around here are those who retired and moved to "The
Villages" from New York City, and had never driven until they were in
their '60s.

Ha! We have something even worse. The area within 8 miles of my home has the
largest concentration of newly arrived Asian Indians in North America
("Patel" fills almost two pages of the phone book). The women have never
driven a car before, but they're all learning. If you see "Patel's Driving
School" on the side of a car, or a woman in a headscarf driving a new Lexus
or Benz, you turn and go the other way. g

They get confused easily. And so they stop. Wherever they a middle of the
road, halfway through an intersection, or (God save us) in the middle of a
circle (roundabout).

I wonder if they have the same problem in England?

I hope so. After all, it's only fair.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:15:08 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

The worst drivers around here are those who retired and moved to "The
Villages" from New York City, and had never driven until they were in
their '60s.

Ha! We have something even worse. The area within 8 miles of my home has the
largest concentration of newly arrived Asian Indians in North America
("Patel" fills almost two pages of the phone book). The women have never
driven a car before, but they're all learning. If you see "Patel's Driving
School" on the side of a car, or a woman in a headscarf driving a new Lexus
or Benz, you turn and go the other way. g

In LoCal in the early '80s,I was working at a body and frame repair
shop. The largest ethnic group of our -repeat- clientele was from
Vietnam. I'd see some families there half a dozen + times a year.
Their insurance rates must have been outrageous.

Around here, it's the LOMIAHs. (Little Old Man In A Hat) KEEP CLEAR!

--
Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other
men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life.