Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yellow thingy

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:52:08 -0500, Ignoramus16148

On 2008-03-24, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:52:48 -0500, Ignoramus16148

On 2008-03-24, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07:37:03 -0500, Ignoramus16148

On 2008-03-24, Jeb wrote:
Gunner wrote:
I went to the swap meet today for the first time in years,
concentrating on tools and whatnot.

Among the various things I bought...near new1" Greenlee conduit bender
($8) etc etc etc...was a tall yellow thingy. Says Phoenix something
or other on the front.

Got this lid cover thing on the top that opens and closes, with a lock
and everything.

Inside was this big can of weilding? rod. Says Certainium 707
Electrodes. Pret near full of these whitish -tan sticks. 50 pounds,
says right on the can.

It was a bitch carrying this thing back to the truck.

When I got it home, I plugged it in..and it got real hot inside.

Whats this thingy used for? Looks like it might make a good cooker
for making pasta, cause its pretty deep and the pasta would hang down
really well. Or even a polish sausage cooker.

And was $20 too much for it?

Gunner

If it looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/2mmscp
9 cents on the $ ain't bad.

Jeb

I use an oven like that as a foot warmer. Gunner got a 50 lb version
though.

Gunner knows exactly what he got...That is a great find and he knows it.
Heck 50lbs of rod nearly covers his 20$ to say nothing of the nice
packageing it came in. Still I'll congratulate him on his find. And
encourage him to put a bit more in the offering plate when next he goes to
church.

The Certanium rods (note spelling) are worth more than the oven
itself.

This is indeed a great find. I bought a 10 lb oven for $20. Gunner's
deal is much better.

However, I bought 800 lbs of Unbrako fasteners, "worth" $360,000, for
$80. Of course I will never get anywhere close to that amount for
them.

If anyone needs 5/8-11 shoulder screws, or 7/8" diameter nsocket head
cap screws, let me know.

Any of the 5/8 long enough to go through a receiver hitch to hold the
ball adapter in?

Gunner, bingo!!!

Those shoulder screws are indeed long enough to go through a receiver
hitch. That means that I can sell them for this purpose (I would need
to include a nut and a spring washer, or else drill holes for a
pin). Very nifty.

I will try to see if they are not too thick in the shoulder, and
whether there is a market for this sort of thing.

Great idea! Thanks!

Send me (4) as a royalty.

How much for 4?

$10 including shipping. They are 5/8-11 thread, 5" long. shoulder
screws.

As seen he

Should be a freebie, Ig. Go back and read the traffic.

tap insert thingy Mark UK diy 40 January 22nd 17 01:45 PM
Yellow thingy clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada Metalworking 0 March 24th 08 08:40 PM
yellow pages or yellow book dwolf Woodworking 0 September 4th 07 04:02 PM
DIY Wiki thingy Grunff UK diy 19 June 26th 07 08:13 PM