Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shower head repair

Ignoramus16148 wrote:

I would like to know if I could just tig them together. (like make 12
or so point welds around the perimeter) Any experiences with this? Any
idea what is the stainless steel used on showers?

I'd soak it in in CLR, or vinegar to remove the calcium deposits. Something
is reducing flow, increasing pressure inside the unit.

A bit of wire brushing, sand papering and solder as suggested first would be
a start. If stainless then silver braze.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-24, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus16148 wrote:

I would like to know if I could just tig them together. (like make 12
or so point welds around the perimeter) Any experiences with this? Any
idea what is the stainless steel used on showers?

I'd soak it in in CLR, or vinegar to remove the calcium deposits. Something
is reducing flow, increasing pressure inside the unit.

Definitely a good idea.

A bit of wire brushing, sand papering and solder as suggested first would be
a start. If stainless then silver braze.

OK, I will see tonight if it is brass, potmetal or stainless.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The other possibility is to drill several holes through the area where
the two ends meet, tap and just put in stainless or brass machine
screws (depending on the material). I think that four 10-32 screws
should work.

shower head - repair wall mount handle sam Home Repair 1 December 22nd 06 04:00 PM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM
Shower head PoP UK diy 9 December 22nd 03 10:42 AM
Where to put 2nd shower head... OJ Home Ownership 5 August 22nd 03 09:38 PM
Shower head bracket? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 August 4th 03 10:15 PM