Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner and my 16X40 Victor lathe

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
et...

snip

Move along, jebby. It's time for beddy-bye.

--
Ed Huntress

You got this guy on one hand talking smack and on the other hand, I call
Gunner this afternoon with a mechanical emergency that has one of my key
machines down...he has 4 of the parts I need and is shipping them as soon
as he gets home. This Jeb character couldn't BUY a clue!

Little people get their kicks tearing down other people. This jebby is one
very little person.

--
Ed Huntress

Bit of a wrecking ball yourself, Ed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Jeb wrote:

As an asshole you'd speaking from experience?

The first to resort to obscenity in an argument looses, loser.

Wes

If you could spell, it may have made your juvenile message coherent.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

It's one of those nights when you wish there was such a thing as an online fly
swatter.

--
Ed Huntress

Oh, but there IS!!! http://www.questroute.com/onlinegame...ly-swatter.php

LOL!

Yep, theat's about the way it works.

Soon as you swat one, three more appear!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

Wes wrote:

Jeb wrote:

As an asshole you'd speaking from experience?

The first to resort to obscenity in an argument looses, loser.

Wes

If you could spell, it may have made your juvenile message coherent.

And which word did I fail to spell correctly?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

Wes wrote:

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

A Bear Stearns "investor", huh? LOL

Cliff,

Are you changing id's?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeb" wrote in message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
et...

snip

Move along, jebby. It's time for beddy-bye.

--
Ed Huntress

You got this guy on one hand talking smack and on the other hand, I call
Gunner this afternoon with a mechanical emergency that has one of my key
machines down...he has 4 of the parts I need and is shipping them as soon
as he gets home. This Jeb character couldn't BUY a clue!

Little people get their kicks tearing down other people. This jebby is
one very little person.

--
Ed Huntress

Bit of a wrecking ball yourself, Ed.

Pay attention, jebby. Unless the person is a rapist, a wife-beater or a
racist, I never shoot until I've been shot at. Never. But try calling me
stupid, or venal, and I'll let loose with both barrels.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message ...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
y.net...

[...]

Really, eddie?
So why did you let loose with "you're full of annoying and petty crap"?
I'd not addressed you in anyway.

Jeb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeb" wrote in message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
gy.net...

[...]

Because if you're doing nothing but cutting up someone who's a regular here,
one who contributes things that are worthwhile, it's the same as cutting me.
And you should have realized that's what I'd say before you asked it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
snip
Summer is coming. For fun, sport, revenge and vindication against
skeeters and flies, particularly biting flies as black flies and deer
flies, I heartily recommend ... the Racquet Zapper.

These things are a hoot! Skeeters and flies go POP. Everyone at the
lake who picks one up immediately "goes hunting" and has a heck of a
good time. Skeeters are easy. Flies are tricky in warm weather
because they're very quick ... technique definitely counts!

Roger gave me one for my Canada trips, WAY COOL!!! Works great on snoring
fishermen too!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:44:26 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

I've seen a bunch of flaming of this guy signing as Gunner Asch. I found
out that he had a bunch of experience tweaking and tuning machine tools. I
tried him and Yep. He went thru my 16X40 Victor lathe in just a couple of
hours tweaking and tuning to the point that I can now turn a taper only when
I want to. He also took the time to give me a hands-on tutorial on thread
cutting with the lathe and I learned a lot about my lathe in a short time.
More in fact than I learned in a Jr.College machine class.
I haven't examined his abillities as a political adviser, but as a machine
tool tuner, and from what I saw a good machine shop instructor. I recommend
him.
P.S. To the flamers, he is over 6' and over 200# so I suggest keeping the
flaming on the newsgroup and don't try it face-to-face.

stu

Many thanks Stuart for the kind words. My respects to you and your
lovely wife.

Btw..most guys here would simply die for your shop.

How many of them have (2) helicopters in their shop?

Btw..fascinating the flaming that started up and then thread drifted
so rapidly.

Now Im going to have to take a double slug of Geritol and oil the
wheels on my walker......

Btw...Opie slept nearly all the way home. Spook tired him out right
properly. He was a little miffed the first few miles, I think he liked
it out there and really didnt want to leave.

Btw..you pick things up pretty well for such a young fella.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
snip

Telling a few bad jokes doesn't make you an idiot, and replying to
the trolls isn't pollution, if it's effective.

WHADYAMEAN bad jokes? I show my idiocy cutting metal...like the most of us!

I just got a new toy today, a 4" swivel vise! So cool! But now I see on eBay a
swivel attachment that's supposed to fit my Kirt 6" but I can't see ho it
attaches, there seems to be more involved. I'll have to ask those who know.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:04:39 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

Jeb wrote in :

LOL. Well every time you look in a mirror you're meeting one of the
biggest idiots on the group. To suggest that you have the wherewithal
to differentiate between good and bad advise has yet to arise, as
nobody has yet to inquire as to the lethality of microphones at 20
paces, a subject which you alone have the self-professed expertise to
comment on.

hrm...... I don't seem to recall having seen any worthy advice from you,
whereas I see apt, professional, well-rounded machining or machine advice
from Gunner. I've been in the machining industry a long time, and I
design, build and program multi-axis CNC machines, robotic cells and
automation, as well as run, troubleshoot and maintain them. While Gunner
may express his political views, which is his perogative, his advice as
to machines and machining is almost always spot-on and accurate.

And if you wanna know how to MIG-weld the spare tire mount to a
trailer .... G

That was such a good story!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:13:28 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:16:45 -0400, Wes wrote:

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

Translation...Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Gunner the Ancient

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 21, 6:08 am, Gerry wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:44 pm, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote:

The only people who do not like Gunner are the lefty anti-gun guys.
And they don't count. Besides, it's just plain dumb to **** of a
Gunnery Sargent Sharp Shooter. He can get from distances that you
cannot even see from

Hey, I know thinking is difficult for the right wingers - (thats why
you subscribe to a political philosophy where someone else does it for
you, and every issue can be reduced to no more than a few words) but
as a card carrying lefty antigun tree hugger proud to be union save
the dolphins land rights for gay whales person....

Gunner is fine - I would love to have him close enough to be able to
visit, argue with him, learn from him - I disagree with his politics,
as he does with me - but thats ok - I think its called Democracy - its
got nothing to do with his qualities as a person, he has proved often
enough he has a good heart....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
snip

Telling a few bad jokes doesn't make you an idiot, and replying to
the trolls isn't pollution, if it's effective.

WHADYAMEAN bad jokes? I show my idiocy cutting metal...like the most of us!

I just got a new toy today, a 4" swivel vise! So cool! But now I see on eBay a
swivel attachment that's supposed to fit my Kirt 6" but I can't see ho it
attaches, there seems to be more involved. I'll have to ask those who know.

You want a bad joke?

How many Marines does it take to change a lightbulb?

(Scroll down.)

(D.I. mode on)

LIGHT BULB!!! WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF MOMMA'S BOY???

NO!!! YOU ARE A MARINE!!! YOU DON'T NEED NO LIGHTBULB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

(D.I. mode off)

This was written for all the Marines I know, who tell bad jokes about
the other branches. ;-)

Enjoy your new toy, Tom. I'm still looking for a small lathe to turn
pieces of 1/8" brass pipe for an electronics project.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

So your money wouldn't be on the one posing for Soldier of Fortune ads?
The one extolling the virtues and manliness of carrying?
The one forever expanding on firepower and extermination of all but
righteous right?

LOL. Empty vessels etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

Translation...Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Gunner the Ancient

That bloody Libby and his big mouth! He was told not to tell anyone I was
well retired. Now I miss out on a stoush with "young" Gunner.

Jeb the Elder
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:38:08 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Jeb" wrote in message ...

If you're assuming that silence is acquiescence, think again. "The group at
large" probably recognizes that you're full of annoying and petty crap, and
just doesn't waste their time on you. I certainly won't.

As you can tell, I'm bored tonight.

Why don't you guys go read instead of feeding the trolls here, hmm?
The former is constructive, the latter destructive.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

So your money wouldn't be on the one posing for Soldier of Fortune ads?
The one extolling the virtues and manliness of carrying?
The one forever expanding on firepower and extermination of all but
righteous right?

LOL. Empty vessels etc.

According to Scientific American

"In 2003 nearly half of all Americans falsely assumed that the U.S.
government had found solid evidence for a link between Iraq and al
Qaeda.

Almost a quarter of Americans believed that investigators had all but
confirmed the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq."

In short between one-quarter to one-half of Americans are misinformed
as is obvious from your comments.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

Translation...Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Gunner the Ancient

That bloody Libby and his big mouth! He was told not to tell anyone I was
well retired. Now I miss out on a stoush with "young" Gunner.

Jeb the Elder

Actually it is ":Jed the living proof that although God may have
limited the intelligence of man, he certainly did not also limit his
stupidity."

By the way, Sly Boy, how come you post using a false name, a fake
email address and an anonymous news server? Have you got something to
hide?

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeb" wrote in message

If you're assuming that silence is acquiescence, think again. "The group
at
large" probably recognizes that you're full of annoying and petty crap,
and
just doesn't waste their time on you. I certainly won't.

As you can tell, I'm bored tonight.

Why don't you guys go read instead of feeding the trolls here, hmm?
The former is constructive, the latter destructive.

Because this one, like some other recent ones, apparently assumes what I
said above.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:55:17 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Jeb" wrote in message ...
snip
But don't worry, you're incapable of provoking him or anyone else for
that matter.

That's reassuring to know, that what I posted, is recognized as fact by the
group at large and is accepted as such.

No so much accepted; dismissed is a better term.

But that's ok, you are entertaining.

Well, thankee.

Jeb

How about plonked. He ain't that entertaining.

Pete
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

By the way, Sly Boy, how come you post using a false name, a fake
email address and an anonymous news server? Have you got something to
hide?

I think it is more a case that he has nothing to show.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:18:06 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Why don't you guys go read instead of feeding the trolls here, hmm?
The former is constructive, the latter destructive.

Because this one, like some other recent ones, apparently assumes what I
said above.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Do you honestly care what a troll does or doesn't assume, Ed?

--
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
-- Albert Einstein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote in
:

Summer is coming. For fun, sport, revenge and vindication against
skeeters and flies, particularly biting flies as black flies and deer
flies, I heartily recommend ... the Racquet Zapper.

These things are a hoot! Skeeters and flies go POP. Everyone at the
lake who picks one up immediately "goes hunting" and has a heck of a
good time. Skeeters are easy. Flies are tricky in warm weather
because they're very quick ... technique definitely counts!

Unfortunately they don't work too well on Muddaubers ond other large wasps.

Perhaps their wings aren't sufficiently conductive.

You actually have to swat them hard enough to dispatch them.

Smaller wasps, though, have been known to actually land on the grid and,
when they do, the "crack" is most satisfying! grin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:18:06 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
Why don't you guys go read instead of feeding the trolls here, hmm?
The former is constructive, the latter destructive.

Because this one, like some other recent ones, apparently assumes what I
said above.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Do you honestly care what a troll does or doesn't assume, Ed?

Only if they go away. If you noticed, Tim May recently was getting on a roll
with his racial epithets, sharing them with his racist buddies. But they
didn't last. They were doing a different kind of trolling and they weren't
up to arguing with full-frontal loads of grape shot.

I don't think Jeb is trolling. He was just using this opportunity to take
some gratuitous cuts at Gunner. And he was rolling along for a couple of
messages. When he suggested that Tom wasn't speaking for the group and
implied that his (Jeb's) opinion was shared by most others, it was time to
make clear that it wasn't true. Otherwise, silence become acquiescence.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
snip

Thanks for the kind words btw.

Hug!

Eeeuuuwww...gaakk...retch...retch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb's having dinner with his girlfriend.

Girl: I'm sorry, but we're gonna have to break up.

Jeb: Why? We have so much fun together, the sex is great and I really love you.

Girl: My friends tell me that you're a pedophile.

Jeb; Pedophile? Isn't that an awfully big word for a 10 year old?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Girl: My friends tell me that you're a pedophile.

Jeb; Pedophile? Isn't that an awfully big word for a 10 year old?

I have a feeling that Pedophile isn't someone that likes to ride a bicycle.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:27:09 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Girl: My friends tell me that you're a pedophile.

Jeb; Pedophile? Isn't that an awfully big word for a 10 year old?

I have a feeling that Pedophile isn't someone that likes to ride a bicycle.

Correct. He walks. Mopedophiles ride.

--
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
-- Albert Einstein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeb wrote:

LOL. You may not be aware but most have us have seen recent pictures of
the old man and it's not a sight to set one atremble.

So how much did he pay you? :-)

Sight unseen, I'll put my money on Gunner in a 1v1 with you.

Wes

Not on. Wouldn't happen. Not nearly worth the bother. The brash
impudence of adolescents (or cases of arrested development) is no
match for the cunning and discipline of experience. Experience
engages only when there's a reason to do so, and then concludes the
interaction quickly, quietly and with little effort.

Translation...Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Gunner the Ancient

That bloody Libby and his big mouth! He was told not to tell anyone I was
well retired. Now I miss out on a stoush with "young" Gunner.

Jeb the Elder

Ah, so perhaps senility rather than adolescence, juvenile bickering as
sometimes heard in nursing homes as well as schoolyards.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

Girl: My friends tell me that you're a pedophile.

Jeb; Pedophile? Isn't that an awfully big word for a 10 year old?

I have a feeling that Pedophile isn't someone that likes to ride a bicycle.

Correct. He walks. Mopedophiles ride.

Da n t, I sp w d Co e ove my key oard!

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:06:56 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Thanks for the kind words btw.

Hug!

Eeeuuuwww...gaakk...retch...retch

ROFLMAO!!

Least we are not French...

Lets see...one kiss on each cheek, or is it two?

Cant remember the name of the hug/kiss thing popular in France and
some latin countries.

Gunner