Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Union Pride

The union handling crane erection in NYC has to be proud of their fine
craftsmanship and work safety these days..................

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

* wrote:

The union handling crane erection in NYC has to be proud of their fine
craftsmanship and work safety these days..................

Yeah, The union should buy all their victims the nicest coffins made,
which would be non union. They already had a building fall in on them,
they don't need the bottom of their coffin to drop out.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:57:36 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

* wrote:

The union handling crane erection in NYC has to be proud of their fine
craftsmanship and work safety these days..................

Yeah, The union should buy all their victims the nicest coffins made,
which would be non union. They already had a building fall in on them,
they don't need the bottom of their coffin to drop out.

From the snippets that have gotten out so far, they dropped
something and broke one of the sway-links between the crane and the
building while they were 'jacking up' the crane. Which in and of
itself shouldn't have dropped the crane IF they were following the
proper procedures with the crane properly balanced and no wind...

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

I'm expecting you to be saying lots of nice things about the
people that ran Bear Sterns. After all they weren't in a union so they're
off limits.

We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The union handling crane erection in NYC has to be proud of their fine
craftsmanship and work safety these days..................

Lowest common denominator, once again?

Probably a business cost cutting measure. Like the recent one where
Southwest Airlines wanted to save money and decided they didn't want to
perform all the required maintenance on some of their planes. Lucky for them
they didn't have any crashes but that's management for you. When things
start going poorly for them they do whatever they think they need to if they
want to return to profitability. You guys are always quick on the draw to
pin anything you can to the union but have nothing but praise for the
managers. I'm expecting you to be saying lots of nice things about the
people that ran Bear Sterns. After all they weren't in a union so they're
off limits.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:13:10 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Hawkie wrote:

I'm expecting you to be saying lots of nice things about the
people that ran Bear Sterns. After all they weren't in a union so they're
off limits.

We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

Bingo. Greed and malfeasance is not related to color of collar.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Hawke wrote in article

The union handling crane erection in NYC has to be proud of their

fine
craftsmanship and work safety these days..................

Lowest common denominator, once again?

Probably a business cost cutting measure. Like the recent one where
Southwest Airlines wanted to save money and decided they didn't want to
perform all the required maintenance on some of their planes. Lucky for

them
they didn't have any crashes but that's management for you.

Interestingly, the A&P mechanics who service these planes and sign off on
their safety are union people.

Why weren't THEY standing up and refusing to sign off on these possibly
unsafe planes?

And, don't give me that BS about being overridden by management.

The MLB players union recently threatened to boycott the Japan trip because
coaches were not going to be paid.

The truth is that the union couldn't care less about the traveling
public.....just their own members.

If it were up to me, the first thing I would go after would be the licenses
of the mechanics - union or not - who signed off and allowed these planes
to continue to fly without undergoing the required safety inspection......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

* wrote:

If it were up to me, the first thing I would go after would be the licenses
of the mechanics - union or not - who signed off and allowed these planes
to continue to fly without undergoing the required safety inspection......

Followed by their pension, life savings, homes and everything else
they own.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Hawkie wrote:

I'm expecting you to be saying lots of nice things about the
people that ran Bear Sterns. After all they weren't in a union so

they're
off limits.

We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

Wow, I can hardly believe my eyes. You can actually determine that crooked
bosses exist. Here I though you could only find fault with unions.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"*" wrote in message

Hawke wrote in article

[...]

You missed something here. It isn't the union workers that determine what
work is to be done on the planes. The union doesn't own the planes the
company does. All the company does is hire the mechanics to do the work they
assign to them. If they only give them half the assignments the FAA says are
required it's not the responsibility of the union workers to fix that. If an
airline is cutting costs that endanger that safety of the public it's up to
the agency that oversees the industry to do something about it. Not the
flight attendants, mechanics, or baggage handlers. So you are barking up the
wrong tree and are blaming the wrong people. But that is to be expected when
you are always looking to find fault with a union. In other words, when
you're biased.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

I'm expecting you to be saying lots of nice things about the
people that ran Bear Sterns. After all they weren't in a union so

they're
off limits.

We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

Wow, I can hardly believe my eyes. You can actually determine that crooked
bosses exist. Here I though you could only find fault with unions.

Hawke

No. Unions, Idiots and Thieves. I spotted you as an idiot the first
time I read this newsgroup. I have yet to have any good experience with
any union, and you don't forget the death threats.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

You missed something here. It isn't the union workers that determine what
work is to be done on the planes. The union doesn't own the planes the
company does.

No responsible worker will sign off on bad work, or work not done.

All the company does is hire the mechanics to do the work they
assign to them. If they only give them half the assignments the FAA says are
required it's not the responsibility of the union workers to fix that. If an
airline is cutting costs that endanger that safety of the public it's up to
the agency that oversees the industry to do something about it. Not the
flight attendants, mechanics, or baggage handlers. So you are barking up the
wrong tree and are blaming the wrong people. But that is to be expected when
you are always looking to find fault with a union. In other words, when
you're biased.

Hawke

Hawkie, if you were any more biased, you would walk in tiny circles.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:55:43 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

* wrote:

If it were up to me, the first thing I would go after would be the licenses
of the mechanics - union or not - who signed off and allowed these planes
to continue to fly without undergoing the required safety inspection......

Followed by their pension, life savings, homes and everything else
they own.

As far as I have read there is no claim that the inspections were
falsely "signed off". Rather, that the inspections were not done.

Maintenance or inspections of commercial or military aircraft is not a
prerogative of individual mechanics and hasn't been for 50 years or
so. It is all scheduled by a "Maintenance control" department.

Another point that doesn't seem to be a part of the reports is what
was the specified time period for the inspections to be accomplished?
Some requirements are made "before the next flight" but others are
"within the next 50 hours of flying time",or "at time of next 1,000
hour inspection".

From Scientific American - 31 Jan 08

In 2003 nearly half of all Americans falsely assumed that the U.S.
government had found solid evidence for a link between Iraq and al
Qaeda.

Nearly a quarter of Americans believed that investigators had all but
confirmed the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 23:44:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Hawke wrote:

[...]

He already has an outrigger with casters on one side. Anyone leaning
that far to the Left would simply fall over without one.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Hawke wrote:

[...]

That, and having one foot nailed to the floor.

Gunner

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Michael A. Terrell wrote in article

Hawke wrote:

You missed something here. It isn't the union workers that determine

what
work is to be done on the planes. The union doesn't own the planes the
company does.

No responsible worker will sign off on bad work, or work not done.

We're not talking "responsible workers" here.

We're talking "it's-not-my-job, UNION workers.

See Tweety Bird's explaination/excuse below.

Sure, the mechanics were not TOLD to inspect the planes, but they still
signed off on the planes being safe after performing other work on them -
knowing that the planes were on the list for the inspection.

All the company does is hire the mechanics to do the work they
assign to them. If they only give them half the assignments the FAA

says are
required it's not the responsibility of the union workers to fix that.

If an
airline is cutting costs that endanger that safety of the public it's

up to
the agency that oversees the industry to do something about it. Not the
flight attendants, mechanics, or baggage handlers. So you are barking

up the
wrong tree and are blaming the wrong people. But that is to be expected

when
you are always looking to find fault with a union. In other words, when
you're biased.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 20, 10:30 pm, "Hawke" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in ...
We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

Wow, I can hardly believe my eyes. You can actually determine that crooked
bosses exist. Here I though you could only find fault with unions.

No, the Union Card just makes it easier to spot them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

On Mar 20, 10:30 pm, "Hawke" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in ...
We all have our bears to cross, big bird. Idiots and thieves are all
the same, whether they carry a membership card, or not.

Wow, I can hardly believe my eyes. You can actually determine that crooked
bosses exist. Here I though you could only find fault with unions.

No, the Union Card just makes it easier to spot them.

Don't leave home without it!

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

snip

No, the Union Card just makes it easier to spot them.

Don't leave home without it!

I just look for the union label........ you know, just like the song Al
Gore's mother sang to him....years before it was written.....

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

[...]

So when the airline makes a corporate decision to risk lives and not have
their employees do the maintenance required by law that is the union workers
fault. If you idiots believe that then I have done my job of showing how
biased and ignorant you folks are. No matter what happens you always find
everything is the union's fault and always hold the company harmless. Just
like good brain dead republicans zombies. Your motto is the boss is always
right. Unless you're Terrell and then they are making mistakes. What's wrong
with this picture?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

[...]

That's a good one coming from a guy who goes through life like an Indy Car,
with the tires on one side bigger than on the other. It makes you turn to
the right every time you move.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

As far as I have read there is no claim that the inspections were
falsely "signed off". Rather, that the inspections were not done.

Maintenance or inspections of commercial or military aircraft is not a
prerogative of individual mechanics and hasn't been for 50 years or
so. It is all scheduled by a "Maintenance control" department.

Another point that doesn't seem to be a part of the reports is what
was the specified time period for the inspections to be accomplished?
Some requirements are made "before the next flight" but others are
"within the next 50 hours of flying time",or "at time of next 1,000
hour inspection".

You can correct these guys all you want but they won't change their minds.
To them only unions are at fault and never company bosses. They were trained
to think like that by their fathers and facts don't have any impact on their
beliefs. The reason they hate unions so much is because they are envious of
the good, high-paying, high-benefit, jobs union workers have. Not being
unionized they have to settle for the crappy jobs and lower pay that non
union guys get. So they hate the union guys and allege that they work much
harder than them and get paid less for their efforts. No wonder they're
****ed at unions. They wish they had it so good.

From Scientific American - 31 Jan 08

In 2003 nearly half of all Americans falsely assumed that the U.S.
government had found solid evidence for a link between Iraq and al
Qaeda.

Nearly a quarter of Americans believed that investigators had all but
confirmed the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,

If you took a poll in this newsgroup you would find the same anti union,
right wing guys wouldn't believe the above statement. They would say it came
from a left wing source. They are part of the tiny percentage of lunatics
that still believe there were WMDs in Iraq and al Qaeda was pals with Saddam
Hussein. They're in their own separate reality. Facts have no bearing on
them and they don't believe anything unless Rush or Sean tells them it's
okay. The sad thing is they actually let these guys vote.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawke wrote:

That's a good one coming from a guy who goes through life like an Indy Car,
with the tires on one side bigger than on the other. It makes you turn to
the right every time you move.

Indy cars turn left; or right but only once.....

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

snip

No, the Union Card just makes it easier to spot them.

Don't leave home without it!

I just look for the union label........ you know, just like the song Al
Gore's mother sang to him....years before it was written.....

No problem, she downloaded it from the internet he invented.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

So when the airline makes a corporate decision to risk lives and not have
their employees do the maintenance required by law that is the union workers
fault. If you idiots believe that then I have done my job of showing how
biased and ignorant you folks are. No matter what happens you always find
everything is the union's fault and always hold the company harmless. Just
like good brain dead republicans zombies. Your motto is the boss is always
right. Unless you're Terrell and then they are making mistakes. What's wrong
with this picture?

The only thing you've shown us is your continuing ignorance and
arrogance, big bird. You don't know enough of the real world to tell
anything to anyone. If someone breaks the law because their boss tells
them to, they are both guilty, just as you are of not seeing the real
issues. Lazy, inept, or dishonest workers lie and sign off for work
they didn't do, or didn't do properly and people die. They deserve to
be executed on live TV, no matter what their reason was.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

[...]

You obviously have never actually known any union members. I would love to
hear you bad mouth a few teamsters or iron workers and see how you would
fare. I don't think they would agree with your biased and ill informed views
any more than I do. But they would kick your ass for the ignorant crap you
spew, limp or not.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dumber than a dumpseter full of broken hammers wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

The only thing you've shown us is your continuing ignorance and
arrogance, big bird. You don't know enough of the real world to tell
anything to anyone. If someone breaks the law because their boss tells
them to, they are both guilty, just as you are of not seeing the real
issues. Lazy, inept, or dishonest workers lie and sign off for work
they didn't do, or didn't do properly and people die. They deserve to
be executed on live TV, no matter what their reason was.

You obviously have never actually known any union members.

Dumb ass. I've told you, several times now, that My dad was in a
union for several decades and hated every second of it. About half of
my aunts and uncles worked in closed shops in ohio, and I knew hundreds
of steelworkers at the main Armco plant. No one in my family liked the
union, and the only steel workers wo did, were the screw ups and screw
offs.

I would love to
hear you bad mouth a few teamsters or iron workers and see how you would
fare.

You mean like the dumb ass who stepped out in front of me with a
picket sign, on a busy highway so he could be on the TV news? I missed
him by a couple inches. There was a tractor trailer behind me, and my
life s work far more than a greedy ******* trying to stop traffic for a
bigger paycheck. The footage didn't air, because I was leaning out the
door screaming at the dumb ass to get off the highway before someone
killed him.

I don't think they would agree with your biased and ill informed views
any more than I do.

Biased? Birdbrain, you are the most biased idiot I've ever seen.

But they would kick your ass for the ignorant crap you spew, limp or not.

Bull****. Most of them are full of bluster and oral diarrhea, just
like you.

Sure they would. Then explain why am I still alive, after a union
threatened to kill me?

You really are a pathetic idiot.

BTW, the union at Armco finally screwed themselves out of their
jobs. They made one too many rounds of outrageous demands, and it
backfired.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

[...]

I was in Maine, back in the early 60's, when the Teamsters arrived to
modernize the archaic trucking business there - mostly owner-drivers.

The Union told the Truckers about all the benefits they were going to
get. the Truckers wanted to know where the money was going to come
from and the Union said, "we'll raise trucking rates".

The Truckers were savvy enough to understand that raising rates would
(possible) cause some people to go out of business and (maybe)
actually reduce the amount of freight available to be hauled.

Told the Union they guess they weren't interested. Union (apparently)
brought some hard men in and 5th wheel locks started coming undone
while people were having lunch.

Truckers started carrying deer rifles in the cabs. Union went back to
New York.

Independent Truckers - 1
Union - 0

(details furnished by a Maine State Police Lieutenant with whom I was
friendly at the time)

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

[...]

You don't want to mess with Teamsters. They earned a reputation for fixing
things with violence. They used to be run by Jimmy Hoffa, now his son. They
have been mob connected for a very long time. While I am pro union in
general that doesn't mean I don't know how bad they can be and have been in
the past. The Teamsters were one of if not the most crooked union in the
country. It's too bad that we had to have unions at all. But without them I
shudder to think what life would be like for working people. Whether it's
the Teamsters or the corporations I don't know which is worse. Both are bad
but you wouldn't have one if the corporations were not so greedy. On Book TV
today an author was talking about the four founders of the Southern Pacific
Railroad; Stanford, Hopkins, Huntington, and I forgot the last one. They
were called the Big Four. Boy were they crooked. As usual they made a ton of
money from government contracts to lay tracks to connect the country.
Without such greedy people at the helm unions wouldn't have come about. The
greed is catching too because as soon as the unions got power they got
greedy too. That's Americans for you.

Hawke