Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The Republican Prosperity

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 2:57 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

If the industry is willing to accept a government handout (and it has
accepted many), then government regulation comes with it.

There is no free lunch...

TMT

Just make sure you don't kill the golden goose by putting him on a
starvation diet, while the geese in London, Hong Kong, etc. are bulking up
and are spoiling for a fight for control.

--
Ed Huntress

The Golden Goose is going to be placed on a strict diet whether he
likes it or not.

If for no other reason because the consumers cannot not feed it any
more.

Can you blame them?

I am sure a conservative will.

There is no politician so much a fool that he'll kill off the financial
markets. There are plenty of liberal voters who would do so, but, when they
find that they can't buy anything but tortillas and beans, and that they
can't get a job, they'll point to somebody else as the cause of their
problems.

This whole economy is a mobile, TMT. Watch what you shake.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

This whole economy is a mobile, TMT. Watch what you shake.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 18, 4:04*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
[...]

Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

I guess that is why we are spending $12 billion in Iraq...to spend it
"wisely".

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Trouble staying on topic today, TMT? d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 18, 5:25*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
[...]

So you are saying that all the money spent on the Iraq war was money
well spent?

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Jeez, I said nothing of the kind. It sounds like you're holding an argument
in your head with an imaginary Ed, and that you've jumped about four rounds
ahead in the discussion. You're reminding me of Marigold, the Randy Mare
Flailer. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

[...]

Mo betta described as a necessary evil...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Trouble staying on topic today, TMT? d8-)

Does he ever stay on topic?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 18, 8:23*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

Trouble staying on topic today, TMT? d8-)

* *Does he ever stay on topic?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

That is really funny coming from you Mike.

When you don't want to answer, you evade the question.

Tell me...could you stand an extra $12 billion this month?

How about your country?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

Trouble staying on topic today, TMT? d8-)

Does he ever stay on topic?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

That is really funny coming from you Mike.

When you don't want to answer, you evade the question.

Tell me...could you stand an extra $12 billion this month?

Sure email me, and I'll tell you where to mail the check

How about your country?

It's a nice country. If you would open your eyes you would see more
good than bad. OTOH, everyone here knows that is impossible, because
all you do is start off topic threads to stir up trouble.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:38:39 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:
snip
I also consider that the Party that allowed this to happen...the
Republicans...will pay dearly this November.

snip
===========
You give the Republicans too much credit.

==The current situation is not a sudden or unexpected event, but
the simply the latest in a increasingly catastrophic series of
events, apparently premised on the adage "more of the same only
better." ==

Glass-Steagall was repealed in 1999, largely setting up this
bubble, on Bill Clinton's watch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass-Steagall_Act

True, but it passed a congress with Republican majorities in both houses.

Oct.-Nov. 1999
Congress passes Financial Services Modernization Act
After 12 attempts in 25 years, Congress finally repeals Glass-Steagall,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
rg...
In , on Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:29:08
-0400, Ed Huntress, wrote:

snip hard to follow quote nests

http://www.insideoe.com/resources/tools.htm#oequotefix
should help.

Thanks, Steve. I downloaded it and will try it tomorrow.

Sorry about the mess. I never worried about it much because I figured that,
once the quotes run to three-deep, nobody is reading the damned thing but me
and the guy I'm talking with. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

JPMorgan to buy Bear for $2 a share By JOE BEL BRUNO and MADLEN READ,
AP Business Writers

Yep.

And Thursday it closed at $5.96. Almost tripled my money in just a few
days.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

JPMorgan to buy Bear for $2 a share By JOE BEL BRUNO and MADLEN READ,
AP Business Writers

Yep.

And Thursday it closed at $5.96. Almost doubled my money in just a few
days. Wasn't fast enough.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
One for the record books...

The US taxpayer is paying for this one.

How do you like being a part owner of a bankrupt bank?

I like it a lot.

JPMorgan to buy Bear for $2 a share By JOE BEL BRUNO and MADLEN READ,
AP Business Writers

Right now, March 24, 2008, 2:17 PM ET, Bear Stears (BSC) is at $12.27,
up $632, That up a whopping 105.87%!

What not to like about doubling your money in a few hours.

Hey Gunner, are you paying attention?

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com