Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some of the best Chinglish I've ever seen....

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh, forgot to add a sample:

Intercomp Digital Air Gauge, 0-100 x.1, Bleed and Read, 17" Goodyear hose
The pop, excepting clip overwhelming process of scope air pressure level by
sledding hinder and onward betwixt the air hose and the force per unit area
standard of measurement is no yearner that must be. Intercomps Fill, Bleed
and Read Air Gauge attaches flat to your air render and has transformed this
trying treat into unitary smooth out and0 easygoing functioning. The and1
nose ne'er foliage the valve staunch! Standard features take in Intercomps
received high-pitched character 3-1/2" and2 standard of measurement by means
of no-good affording protection bring up, a and3 and4 and5 by with the help
of high-pitched lineament swivel-gun nose and6 an industrial-grade bleeder
valve. Case included. and7 x 0.1 PSI.

"NokNokMan" wrote in message
http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"NokNokMan" wrote in message
Oh, forgot to add a sample:

Intercomp Digital Air Gauge, 0-100 x.1, Bleed and Read, 17" Goodyear hose
The pop, excepting clip overwhelming process of scope air pressure level
by sledding hinder and onward betwixt the air hose and the force per unit
area standard of measurement is no yearner that must be. Intercomps Fill,
Bleed and Read Air Gauge attaches flat to your air render and has
transformed this trying treat into unitary smooth out and0 easygoing
functioning. The and1 nose ne'er foliage the valve staunch! Standard
features take in Intercomps received high-pitched character 3-1/2" and2
standard of measurement by means of no-good affording protection bring up,
a and3 and4 and5 by with the help of high-pitched lineament swivel-gun
nose and6 an industrial-grade bleeder valve. Case included. and7 x 0.1
PSI.

Oh, that is just perfect- it looks like one of those weirdo hipcrime posts.

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:59:26 -0400, "NokNokMan"
wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

My eyes! My eyes!!!!!

Intercomp Digital Air Gauge, 0-100 x.1, Bleed and Read, 17" Goodyear
hose

The pop, excepting clip overwhelming process of scope air pressure
level by sledding hinder and onward betwixt the air hose and the force
per unit area standard of measurement is no yearner that must be.
Intercomps Fill, Bleed and Read Air Gauge attaches flat to your air
render and has transformed this trying treat into unitary smooth out
and0 easygoing functioning. The and1 nose ne'er foliage the valve
staunch! Standard features take in Intercomps received high-pitched
character 3-1/2" and2 standard of measurement by means of no-good
affording protection bring up, a and3 and4 and5 by with the help of
high-pitched lineament swivel-gun nose and6 an industrial-grade
bleeder valve. Case included. and7 x 0.1 PSI.

I was afraid to click on "more info"......gack!

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

who would have thought that the Chinese would turn out to be a nation
of comedians.

shouldnt laugh though. I once saw an assignment by an overseas student
written with similar clarity given a top mark at one of our
prostituting universities.

Stealth Pilot

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
leaves the valve stem".

Makes me wonder where the peculiar wording came from -- maybe the "more info"
text is the original text, written in English by someone fluent in that
language, and the text displayed on the main page is the result of translating
the original to Chinese, then back to English, using only a dictionary.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The Chinglish sounds very much like what I get when using Babblefish
and other online translators.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner- Hide quoted text -

At Last, Now I KNOW why my wife does not put air in the tyres!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:
NokNokMan wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

That's not chinglish, that's just pure gibberish!
Sheesh, it IS the worst I've seen in quite a while.
I'm sure it helps them sell product!

Jon

It looks like it came straight from BabbleFish.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:15:41 -0600, the renowned cavelamb himself
wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:
NokNokMan wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

That's not chinglish, that's just pure gibberish!
Sheesh, it IS the worst I've seen in quite a while.
I'm sure it helps them sell product!

Jon

It looks like it came straight from BabbleFish.com

I've used babelfish a fair bit. Looks to me like some round-eye having
some fun. ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doug Miller wrote:

Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
leaves the valve stem".

Foliage = leaves? Oh, that's a DEAD giveaway this was a
computer-generated translation!

Stem = staunch, as in flowing blood, same thing.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:

NokNokMan wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

That's not chinglish, that's just pure gibberish!
Sheesh, it IS the worst I've seen in quite a while.
I'm sure it helps them sell product!

Jon

It looks like it came straight from BabbleFish.com

Gosh, I've used Babelfish before, and it did a fine job with it. Not as
good as a fluent reader/writer in BOTH languages would do, but NOTHING
this bad. It may depend on the original language, though, I don't think
I've ever tried to translate Chinese before, just a couple major
European languages.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

NokNokMan wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

That's not chinglish, that's just pure gibberish!
Sheesh, it IS the worst I've seen in quite a while.
I'm sure it helps them sell product!

Jon

It looks like it came straight from BabbleFish.com

I've used babelfish a fair bit. Looks to me like some round-eye having
some fun. ;-)

Yeah, really! Imagine a company trying to sell a product with such
literature!
Maybe somebody was running a contest for the document that causes
Babelfish to spew the most unintelligible result.

On the other hand, I just bought a digital camera microscope eyepiece
gadget that originates from China, and everybody that sells it has
the following in the specs listing :

Operating SystemWindows2000-XP (Professional-SP4) -XP (Professional-SP2)
are installed when shipping.No working if specifications up to reach of
above after shipment

I mean, this last gibberish sentence is duplicated in over 30 web sites
I have seen for the same product. I have no idea what it means.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Jon Elson wrote:
:
:
oug Miller wrote:
:
: Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
: description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
: For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
: leaves the valve stem".
:
:Foliage = leaves? Oh, that's a DEAD giveaway this was a
:computer-generated translation!
:
:Stem = staunch, as in flowing blood, same thing.

Sorry to disagree, but even the dimmest translation program would not
dig so far into uncommon words and usage. IMO, that text was generated
quite deliberately by someone who knew exactly what they were doing.
And, it's having the desired effect -- getting lots of exposure and
causing people to click on the "more info" links.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

NokNokMan wrote:

http://inpcars.com/tire-pressure-gauges/

Enjoy,
Nok

That's not chinglish, that's just pure gibberish!
Sheesh, it IS the worst I've seen in quite a while.
I'm sure it helps them sell product!

Jon

It looks like it came straight from BabbleFish.com

Gosh, I've used Babelfish before, and it did a fine job with it. Not as
good as a fluent reader/writer in BOTH languages would do, but NOTHING
this bad. It may depend on the original language, though, I don't think
I've ever tried to translate Chinese before, just a couple major
European languages.

Jon

It doesn't seem to work for me from Engilsh to Chineese
I wanted to translate to then back.
See what came out.

Guess I would need to install a new code page or something...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:17:33 -0500 (CDT), Robert Nichols
wrote:

In article , Jon Elson wrote:
:
:
oug Miller wrote:
:
: Interestingly, when you *do* click on "more info" you get exactly the same
: description, but in much more conventional English -- nearly fluent, in fact.
: For instance, instead of "ne'er foliage the valve staunch", it reads "never
: leaves the valve stem".
:
:Foliage = leaves? Oh, that's a DEAD giveaway this was a
:computer-generated translation!
:
:Stem = staunch, as in flowing blood, same thing.

Sorry to disagree, but even the dimmest translation program would not
dig so far into uncommon words and usage. IMO, that text was generated
quite deliberately by someone who knew exactly what they were doing.
And, it's having the desired effect -- getting lots of exposure and
causing people to click on the "more info" links.

About 60 years ago I was living in Japan and Japanese instruction
manuals of that time read much like the Chinese ones of today. I got
the idea of providing a translation service to provide proper English
language manuals for companies that lacked competent english language
skills. I went so far as writing a prospectus and visiting a number of
companies.

Thank God I didn;t give up my day job as every company I visited was
absolutely certain that their manuals were written in perfect English.
Of course, the individual making that decision was the guy that wrote
the manual as few Japanese, in those days, who worked in factories,
spoke fluent english.

I have a number of by-lingual Chinese friends and we have discussed
some of these manuals and they tell me that translated word by word
back into Chinese they make perfect sense.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:20:25 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

About 60 years ago I was living in Japan and Japanese instruction
manuals of that time read much like the Chinese ones of today. I got
the idea of providing a translation service to provide proper English
language manuals for companies that lacked competent english language
skills. I went so far as writing a prospectus and visiting a number of
companies.

Thank God I didn;t give up my day job as every company I visited was
absolutely certain that their manuals were written in perfect English.
Of course, the individual making that decision was the guy that wrote
the manual as few Japanese, in those days, who worked in factories,
spoke fluent english.

I have a number of by-lingual Chinese friends and we have discussed
some of these manuals and they tell me that translated word by word
back into Chinese they make perfect sense.

For a while I worked under a Korean engineer, and since management, in
an effort to eliminate non billable hours, had decreed that each
project manager was responsible for typing all their own reports and
correspondence; he sometimes produced some real classics. On occasion,
he would have me review reports on jobs in which I was involved. One
time in particular, he took offence at my correction of his report
which he was quite certain followed all of the rules of the English
language. I guess the subject came up at dinner that night with his
university senior son because next morning he was very apologetic and
requested that whenever I had time, would I please review his reports.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:20:25 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

[...]
[...]

It's hard for me to imagine the height of the arrogance required, to suppose
that one's skills in the use of a language not one's own are superior to those
of a native speaker of that same language. I speak and write German fairly
well, but if something I had written in that language were corrected by a
German or Austrian, I would *thank* him. It would never occur to me to
*argue*.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:02:02 GMT, (Doug
Miller) wrote:

It's hard for me to imagine the height of the arrogance required, to suppose
that one's skills in the use of a language not one's own are superior to those
of a native speaker of that same language. I speak and write German fairly
well, but if something I had written in that language were corrected by a
German or Austrian, I would *thank* him. It would never occur to me to
*argue*.

=============
Your view/position is both reasonable and logical and is
therefore highly in management's "world view."

I have seen this happen repeatedly in technical areas, where the
"suits" had no clue about even the principals involved, the
history/background of a product, or the correct nomenclature, let
alone any relevant "hands on" experience. Never the less they
barked out orders and made command decisions all the time.

Why would they be any different about language? If you can't
understand what they wrote, its your fault, not theirs....

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:17:28 -0600, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

Your view/position is both reasonable and logical and is
therefore highly in management's "world view."

I have seen this happen repeatedly in technical areas, where the
"suits" had no clue about even the principals involved, the
history/background of a product, or the correct nomenclature, let
alone any relevant "hands on" experience. Never the less they
barked out orders and made command decisions all the time.

Why would they be any different about language? If you can't
understand what they wrote, its your fault, not theirs....

In discussion with a friend who spent his first forty years in Greece,
he told me that after about twenty years working in English, he now,
very rarely, thinks in Greek. OTOH, I have found large problems where
a newly arrived person is presented with a problem, translates that
problem into his mother tongue, thinks it through and formulates his
solution, then translates that solution into his version of English.
This solution is then communicated, complete with accent, to the
original presenter. Heaven help us when a problem requires a multi
level solution!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

We had an engineer at Microdyne who's first language was Spanish. You
should have seen the crap test procedures and documentation he wrote.
An engineering tech was Jamaican. Everything he wrote was full of
Jamaican slang and ran on for pages, when a single page would do. I
finally got him to bring the raw copy to the floor and let the techs
review it before it was approved.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html