DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O.T. - Anti Google Groups & aioe Sig Line (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/238189-o-t-anti-google-groups-aioe-sig-line.html)

Joe March 16th 08 12:25 AM

O.T. - Anti Google Groups & aioe Sig Line

Michael A Terrell has added to his messages:

***************
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
*****************

So, I checked out the referenced site, and could find nothing there about
aioe.org. It is an interesting site, though.

I admit that Google Groups sucks big time (though it's occasionally convenient
for some), but what's with the anti-aioe rant? I used their (free) service for a
while, and found it to be well worth the price. No major problems, except for
too-frequent server outages and too short a retention time for messages.

OK, I'm curious. What did I miss?

Joe

Michael A. Terrell March 16th 08 03:40 AM

Joe wrote:

Michael A Terrell has added to his messages:

***************
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
*****************

So, I checked out the referenced site, and could find nothing there about
aioe.org. It is an interesting site, though.

I admit that Google Groups sucks big time (though it's occasionally convenient
for some), but what's with the anti-aioe rant? I used their (free) service for a
while, and found it to be well worth the price. No major problems, except for
too-frequent server outages and too short a retention time for messages.

OK, I'm curious. What did I miss?

Almost every group I read has the worst trolls using aioe.org to do
heir dirty work, making some groups unusable with hundreds or even
thousands of forged messages. If you don't mind taking the time to read
every header to see if a message is real, then you don't need to worry.
You can also drop all traffic from Google, or someone who morphs three
times a day to evade filters.