Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Computer software question...

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:28:53 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:

I use ftp for all my file transferring. I have a lot of Linux
systems, but also Windows systems for CAD and such. I move
stuff around all the time between work and home PCs. Windows
2K, and anything newer, I suspect, will do Telnet and ftp from
the command line screen. That isn't too secure, though. A
windows utility to do telnet and ssh is called Putty, available
for free. I'm not sure how to do secure FTP from a Windows
system, I generally have a Linux system available there too.
I suspect there's a program that can do that, too.

ftp voyager from rhinosoft.com does sftp on Windows systems. Nice FTP
GUI interface, intuitive controls, stable, and not expensive. VERY nice
for moving an entire directory tree with FTP which can be a real pain
doing command-line.

Disclaimer: I know the guy who sells it. But, I have no financial
interest in the company (wish I did...)

Dave Hinz