Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rec Crafts Politics

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

And a lot of us who couldn't care less, certainly a lot less than about the
politics that are driving trade and the status of US manufacturing, and that
of other countries around the world. But we don't object to truck threads.

However, there are several truck NGs where Bill may feel more at home.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

And a lot of us who couldn't care less, certainly a lot less than about the
politics that are driving trade and the status of US manufacturing, and that
of other countries around the world. But we don't object to truck threads.

However, there are several truck NGs where Bill may feel more at home.

--
Ed Huntress

I want to know how to put a wench in MY truck!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

Bill

Don't let the door hit you etc. etc. etc.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

[...]

That kinds of sums up the problem with this NG.
Martin
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:16:52 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus11215 quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

Yeah, but we can't talk about it on R.C.Politics, can we?

Yeah, Gunner, the mill is finally out of my pickup bed.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:41:04 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

I want to know how to put a wench in MY truck!!!

Just drive down any road in your town and hooker in, Tawm.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

Bill

Put our doorknob back, before you leave. Ron is still chewing the
chrome off of it.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill" wrote in message
m...

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing through
crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to ask some
questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but there are
other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of politics
crap.

There sure are. Most of them a pretty boring. RCM is like a lively cantina:
lots of noise, dozens of dime-store cowboys, one or two people who really
know what is cookin' in the kitchen.

-Carl (stay away from the chicken enchildas)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

[...]

I always keep a can of Liquid Wench handy for road emergencies.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

[...]

Too many trucks? d8-)

I don't drive 'em. I don't wear peacock-skin cowboy boots, either. 'Not
interested.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Too many trucks? d8-)

I don't drive 'em. I don't wear peacock-skin cowboy boots, either. 'Not
interested.

--
Ed Huntress

How do you bring stuff home from the dump?

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

Bill

Well go there and quit bothering us. There are serious matters at hand that
must be addressed if we what this country to be one what we want to do metal
working in. Did you expect this to be your Andy Warhol moment where we all
say, "Please don't go, you are so famous"?

Bye

Wes

PS

The door closer is a spring (metal content) it closes fast so don't let it
hit your ass on the way out the door.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Too many trucks? d8-)

I don't drive 'em. I don't wear peacock-skin cowboy boots, either. 'Not
interested.

--
Ed Huntress

How do you bring stuff home from the dump?

-Carl

Ha-ha! That's something I don't do.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

Bill

So you were going to use telepathy to get a response to your
unanswered questions?

Ive been here a few years...10 or more, and Ive never seen an
intelligent question go unanswered, and often turn into a very
interesting thread.

Yet you **** and moan about non metalworking stuff, when you dont even
ask any questions?

Can you actually walk and chew gum at the same time?

Gunner\
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

Yeah, but we can't talk about it on R.C.Politics, can we?

Yeah, Gunner, the mill is finally out of my pickup bed.

Now what are you doing to use for balast?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill" wrote in message
m...

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing through
crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to ask some
questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but there are
other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of politics
crap.

Bill

When you find such a place, will you please make one more post and tell us
where this fabled newsgroup can be found?

We got what you need here, you just have to wade through the weeds.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

[...]

Do you want Eliot's phone number? They're expensive.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Its a lot of years since I worked in a shop but as I remember it the
subject of conversation while you were waiting for the machine to
finish a cut was (1) Jesus, did you see that sweet thing that just
walked by?, (2) The boss is a prick! and (3) Who are you going to
vote for?

Just like here.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:37:52 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-12, Bill wrote:

Since the NG has been taken over by people who have no clue that it is
supposed to be RCM not RCP I shall no longer waste my time parsing
through crap to find a few metalworking related messages. I was going to
ask some questions about a winch truck rigup that I am working on but
there are other places on the net that dont have such a high amount of
politics crap.

There are quite a few people here who put winches on their trucks and
trailers.

Yeah, but we can't talk about it on R.C.Politics, can we?

Yeah, Gunner, the mill is finally out of my pickup bed.

Now what are you doing to use for balast?

I'm selling that truck. I have the nice new Tundra now. Some GDMFASOB
in a parking lot nailed my driver door the other day while I was away
from it, too. 1" x 1/8" scratch through the brand effin' new paint...
Well, it's christened now. My ladder in the bed and the door. Now all
I have to do is christen the inside, in the reclining seats. My old
girlfriend wasn't up to it, damnit, but she liked the truck a lot.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Too many trucks? d8-)

I don't drive 'em. I don't wear peacock-skin cowboy boots, either. 'Not
interested.

--
Ed Huntress

How do you bring stuff home from the dump?

-Carl

Ha-ha! That's something I don't do.

--
Ed Huntress

You must a flatlander from downstate.

-Carl (hill folk from upstate)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Too many trucks? d8-)

I don't drive 'em. I don't wear peacock-skin cowboy boots, either. 'Not
interested.

--
Ed Huntress

How do you bring stuff home from the dump?

-Carl

Ha-ha! That's something I don't do.

--
Ed Huntress

You must a flatlander from downstate.

-Carl (hill folk from upstate)

I'm a flatlander in NJ. If I had the time to go scrounge for things in the
dump, I'd spend it fishing instead. I last scrounged a dump when I was about
10 years old.

If I felt like digging in crud, I'd work on my garden. Which reminds me --
Joe Autodrill will be envious -- it's time to start my Rutgers Ramapo
tomatoes, the berry that made New Jersey famous.

(I'll bet you thought Ramapos were long gone, eh, Joe? I have an inside line
on the seeds.)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl Byrns wrote:

There sure are. Most of them a pretty boring. RCM is like a lively cantina:
lots of noise, dozens of dime-store cowboys, one or two people who really
know what is cookin' in the kitchen.

-Carl (stay away from the chicken enchildas)

True. They use 'union' chickens.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

(I'll bet you thought Ramapos were long gone, eh, Joe? I have an inside line
on the seeds.)

You really should help him out.

http://www.njfarmfresh.rutgers.edu/d...oorderform.pdf

Kevin Gallimore

OT - Politics J T Woodworking 309 January 3rd 08 11:51 PM
Politics Carlos Woodworking 1 December 30th 07 10:47 PM
Some politics netprospect UK diy 0 July 9th 07 11:29 AM
OT (yeah, right!): Politics Charlie Self Woodworking 124 September 6th 04 08:16 PM
OT (yeah, right!): Politics Tom Watson Woodworking 140 September 4th 04 04:02 PM