Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CEO salaries

There is much consternation about CEO salaries, but not as much clear
thinking.

The argument that suggests that CEOs in public companies are
"overpaid" is based on visibly very high salaries, and the ssumption
that CEOs wield so much influence over boards and compensation
committees, that they are able to "negotiate" overly generous
compensations.

That assumption may or may not be true.

TO find out whether it is true is actually very easy. All one needs to
do is compare CEO salaries in public companies, with CEO salaries in
comparable non-public (privately owned) companies, where the owner is
not the CEO. Presumably, the private owners who hire CEOs negotiate
their salaries at "arm's length" and the private company CEO salary is
a good indicator of what is fair.

Since I am unlikely to have come up with such a simple comparison idea
first, some studies must have been done to this effect.

Is anyone aware of any such comparisons?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus14968" wrote in message

Is anyone aware of any such comparisons?

Did you accidently post this to the wrong group Ig?

Vaughn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Iggy,

Being the president and CEO of Fraser Competition Engines LLC. All I can
entertain is I'll never be off road racing with Skilling, Hob-knobbing with
Mr. Gates in a Cessna Citation, Matter of fact my operating capital and
bonus ledger lines come from the change I shake loose from the cracks of my
couch. Funny thing going from being the vice president of a Chicago based
bank division to where I am today in my engine shops. I would have opted to
retain the corporate nipple to suckle from.
There is so much greed and corruption it pandemic to see and worse to
see nothing really being done until pensions are raided. Enter the FBI.
Frankly, I'm still happier with a tig torch and jeans than an Armani suit
and a bull**** TPS report and swingline stapler.

My comparison off topic, off color but you know I'm not all there
anyhow. Take a look at January's Crain's Chicago. Your point is addressed
rather well in an article there in.

** Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet. I
bought a new CR250 dirt bike and a 7 cell parachute to do that! ***

Rob Fraser

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.
312.213.9454

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 11:30*am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
[...]

i- Hide quoted text -

True..it is off topic but he can preface the title with a big OT and
anyone who has no interest can move on to the next posting.

It is a timely topic that will gather great interest as this Country
slides into a significant recession.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

**It is a timely topic that will gather great interest as this Country
slides into a significant recession.**

I'm down 30% from last year- a lot of my clients are Union craftstsmen and
construction guys who raced for fun. I know a lot of them who have not had
work in months, sold off all the toys and some are losing the house as well.
Hold on kids this is gonna be a hell of a ride! TMT is right..

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CEO salaries, Absolutely NO metal content!!!!

Oh. We all have to eat, too, so why not have recipes on this NG?

Start a "sliding into recession" NG and leave this one to metalworking,
please.

If your reasoning pervades, then maybe ALL NG's should combine into one
on the theory that there's always somebody who might be interested in
whatever someone else might have to say on any subject.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------------

True..it is off topic but he can preface the title with a big OT and
anyone who has no interest can move on to the next posting.

It is a timely topic that will gather great interest as this Country
slides into a significant recession.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 5:02*pm, spaco wrote:
Oh. *We all have to eat, too, so why not have recipes on this NG?

Start a "sliding into recession" NG and leave this one to metalworking,
please.

If your reasoning pervades, then maybe ALL NG's should combine into one
on the theory that there's always somebody who might be interested in
whatever someone else might have to say on any subject.

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------------

True..it is off topic but he can preface the title with a big OT and
anyone who has no interest can move on to the next posting.

It is a timely topic that will gather great interest as this Country
slides into a significant recession.

TMT- Hide quoted text -

You are right...recipes have their place...I would preface them with a
big OT of course.

How does one prepare CEOs? I would assume that that there would be
plenty of fat and crap to trim off before cooking and then they would
taste like chicken while giving one plenty of gas.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Lusardi wrote:
You know this subject is really off topic and by playing this game, you are
actually feeding the trolls like Hawke and Millright Ron. Please do this
elsewhere.
Steve

Seconded. How's that homemade TIG welder
doing, Iggy?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spaco wrote:

Oh. We all have to eat, too, so why not have recipes on this NG?

Do you have any for over the hill troll? or isn't there enough
tenderizer on earth? Maybe troll jerky, made from jerk trolls?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rob Fraser wrote:

** Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet.

Good for you. My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks
tomorrow, where they had to remove about half of his colon, due to two
cancerous growths. They still haven't said when he can go home.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote in message
. ..
**It is a timely topic that will gather great interest as this Country
slides into a significant recession.**

I'm down 30% from last year- a lot of my clients are Union craftstsmen and
construction guys who raced for fun. I know a lot of them who have not

had
work in months, sold off all the toys and some are losing the house as

well.
Hold on kids this is gonna be a hell of a ride! TMT is right..

Rob

As more and more people see their lifestyles decline and say goodbye to a
lot of their hard earned possessions, the fact that CEOs are getting paid
millions even when running companies into the ground can't help but become a
more salient topic for discussion. After all, who cares how much the CEO
gets when you have a good job and are getting what to you seems like good
pay? See everything you worked for go down the drain and it's a bit harder
to silently accept the head honcho walking away with hundreds of millions.

So it's relevant to lots of people when things are bad for them but the
people on top still feel no pain. Also, continual discussion of the same or
similar metalworking topics becomes boring after some period of time.
Between the two there's good reason to discuss other topics. What's
irritating though is to hear people complaining about off topic subjects and
then see them posting on said subjects. If you don't like off topic subjects
then butt the hell out and quit whining about them.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-10, Jim Stewart wrote:
Steve Lusardi wrote:
You know this subject is really off topic and by playing this game, you are
actually feeding the trolls like Hawke and Millright Ron. Please do this
elsewhere.
Steve

Seconded. How's that homemade TIG welder
doing, Iggy?

It is not exactly homemade. It is a modified commercial welder with a
bunch of new guts, microcontroller, etc. It works fine. The fan was
noisy, so I replaced it with a Comair Rotron Caravel.

It takes a lot of space, though.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 10:07*am, Ignoramus14968 ignoramus14...@NOSPAM.
14968.invalid wrote:
[...]

My question is -- when C.E.O.s have finally succeeded in laying off
the entire North American economy, forcing everyone to become a McJob
holding Wal-Mart wage slave, who the hell will be able to afford your
products? Are former Ford employees going to buy Fords? Are Hewlett-
Packard employees who have been screwed around by HP going to buy HP
products? Are people with no jobs, or poverty-level waged jobs, going
to be able to afford anything?
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 9:53*pm, "Hawke" wrote:
[...]

C.E.O. stands for "Cheat Every One.

Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:

C.E.O. stands for "Cheat Every One.

How odd. That's your union's motto, although, they did kick around:
"Cheap Expendable Oafs".

BTW, you cheated us out of a quote mark.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

You are right...recipes have their place...I would preface them with a
big OT of course.

A decent pig roaster thread would be great atm. I looked at one where those
discs from culivators was used to cover the burners so the grease wouldn't
put the flames out.

Damn, I'm hungry for BBQ.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 9, 10:48*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Rob Fraser wrote:

* * * ** * * * * *Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet.

* *Good for you. *My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks
tomorrow, where they had to remove about half of his colon, due to two
cancerous growths. They still haven't said when he can go home.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Good luck with your father.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

14968.invalid wrote:
[...]

Millwright Ronwww.unionmillwright.com- Hide quoted text -

Their business plan calls to relieve America of its cash and then move
on to other countries...America is where the cash is/was...Asia is
where it will be.

Parasites are like that.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 10, 9:35*am, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
You are right...recipes have their place...I would preface them with a
big OT of course.

A decent pig roaster thread would be great atm. *I looked at one where those
discs from culivators was used to cover the burners so the grease wouldn't
put the flames out.

Damn, I'm hungry for BBQ.

Wes

Good use for the discs...

I have had friends at dealers save them for me for tool bases.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

14968.invalid wrote:
[...]

Carl Icahn is making a hostile takeover bid for the country. If he can buy
two more seats in Congress he'll probably get it. Then he'll sell the Statue
of Liberty to China for scrap bronze and lay the rest of us off.

Laissez-faire, ya'll.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Rob Fraser wrote:

* * * ** * * * * *Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet.

* *Good for you. *My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks
tomorrow, where they had to remove about half of his colon, due to two
cancerous growths. They still haven't said when he can go home.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Good luck with your father.

TMT

Good luck to both of you guys, I am rooting for you. Mu grandfather
lived for 35 years after having cancer removed. So there is every
reason to hope for a good outcome.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Rob Fraser wrote:

** Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet.

Good for you. My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks
tomorrow, where they had to remove about half of his colon, due to two
cancerous growths. They still haven't said when he can go home.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Thanks Mike,

Thoughts too you and your dad.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus25976 wrote:

Good luck to both of you guys, I am rooting for you. Mu grandfather
lived for 35 years after having cancer removed. So there is every
reason to hope for a good outcome.

Thanks. I lost my mother to the same cancer 20+ years ago.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Lusardi wrote:
You know this subject is really off topic and by playing this game, you
are actually feeding the trolls like Hawke and Millright Ron. Please do
this elsewhere.
Steve

I'm sorry, if you want the job of netnanny, you will have to register
properly. We already have one, and ten people waiting on line for him to
die. It could be a long time until appointment, and there is no pay or
benefits.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Good use for the discs...

I have had friends at dealers save them for me for tool bases.

Classier looking than old steel tire rims.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rob Fraser wrote:

** Respects and I'm back! The cancer did not kill me yet.

Good for you. My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks
tomorrow, where they had to remove about half of his colon, due to two
cancerous growths. They still haven't said when he can go home.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Thanks Mike,

Thoughts to you and your dad.

Thank you. He was supposed to be released this morning, but it
didn't happen.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Good luck with your father.

Thank you.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:59:35 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

Steve Lusardi wrote:
You know this subject is really off topic and by playing this game, you
are actually feeding the trolls like Hawke and Millright Ron. Please do
this elsewhere.
Steve

I'm sorry, if you want the job of netnanny, you will have to register
properly. We already have one, and ten people waiting on line for him to
die. It could be a long time until appointment, and there is no pay or
benefits.

Steve

We already have a Net Nazi.

Speaking of Herr Mueller..Ive not seen him posting much.

I hope he is ok, or in the care of Mossad.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 21:04:58 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Mar 9, 5:02*pm, spaco wrote:
[...]

You know why there are no recipes for cooking a liberal?
By the time you get em dressed and all the bull**** removed, they
resemble a condom with eyes and are hardly worth the effort putting
them in a pan.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote in
:

snip
We already have a Net Nazi.

Speaking of Herr Mueller..Ive not seen him posting much.

I hope he is ok, or in the care of Mossad.

Gunner

Gunner I think you just made a Faux pas, when speaking of Herr Mueller you
need to put OT somewhere in the topic, like 'Herr Mueller is an idiOT', or
something like that...

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-03-11, Gunner wrote:
We already have a Net Nazi.

Speaking of Herr Mueller..Ive not seen him posting much.

I hope he is ok, or in the care of Mossad.

He'd be much better off if he continued to talk about his projects,
instead of trying to be everyone's mother and insisting on us sucking
on his tit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 10, 2:15*pm, Wes wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Good use for the discs...

I have had friends at dealers save them for me for tool bases.

Classier looking than old steel tire rims.

Wes

I agree...much nicer than falling over old rims.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Mar 9, 5:02*pm, spaco wrote:
[...]

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Ahhh...crunchy and less filling.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:

C.E.O. stands for "Cheat Every One.

How odd. That's your union's motto, although, they did kick around:
"Cheap Expendable Oafs".

BTW, you cheated us out of a quote mark.

You need to start your own foundation. It should be called "The Poor in
Defense of the Rich". Since every time someone comments negatively about
business, CEOs, or the wealthy you come instantly to their defense, and you
criticize American workers who belong to unions constantly you could be a
spokesman for the aristocracy. But then they wouldn't have anything to do
with someone in the lower class like you. What a catch-22 for you. You
defend the rich but they have nothing but contempt for you. That's a shame.
You should identify with ordinary working people but then if they are in a
union you have as much contempt for them as an aristocrat does. You're in a
pickle. Somebody needs to break it to you that you aren't one of the
aristocrats. Oh wait, I just did. You're working class, probably working
poor. Wise up, you idiot.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Hawke wrote in article

Millwright Ron wrote:

[...]

You constantly position everything as an "us-versus-them" situation. That's
a typical liberal democrat point of view.

Typical union stance that completely overlooks the Constitutional precept
that "....all men are created equal."

There is no class system in the USA - despite what Hillary, Barrack, and
their ilk say about "middle class."

Now, if you spent a few more hours working hard - or working at all - and a
few less hours wasting your time complaining about "them" in Internet news
groups, you just might pick yourself up by your bootstraps and make
something of yourself.

I doubt that there are many CEOs spending their time here in ****ing
contests.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hawkie wrote:

You need to start your own foundation. It should be called "The Poor in
Defense of the Rich". Since every time someone comments negatively about
business, CEOs, or the wealthy you come instantly to their defense, and you
criticize American workers who belong to unions constantly you could be a
spokesman for the aristocracy. But then they wouldn't have anything to do
with someone in the lower class like you. What a catch-22 for you. You
defend the rich but they have nothing but contempt for you. That's a shame.
You should identify with ordinary working people but then if they are in a
union you have as much contempt for them as an aristocrat does. You're in a
pickle. Somebody needs to break it to you that you aren't one of the
aristocrats. Oh wait, I just did. You're working class, probably working
poor. Wise up, or you'll be an idiot, like me.

Wake up yourself. I was never poor. I owned a home I paid all my
bills on time. I had what I wanted, and had some money in the bank.

It's you who is so terrified of being poor that you need a union to
think for your. I scraped up $50 in the '60s and started a business
while I was still in high school. I made enough money to always be able
to help others, in need.

As far as starting a foundation, you need one, "Pathetic losers who
afraid to think and are damn proud of it!" for idiots like you that see
no shades of gray. You are so blinded by your ignorance and hatred to
everything around that you have no clue how the real world works

--
!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 12, 12:03*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Hawkie wrote:

[...]

You really like to pat yourself on your back a lot. "the lady doth
protest too much"
Maybe you should also read the book "The Peter Principle".
You might be enlightened as to why you are in your position .
Millwright Ron
www.unionmillwright.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Millwright Ron wrote:

Terrell;
You really like to pat yourself on your back a lot. "the lady doth
protest too much"
Maybe you should also read the book "The Peter Principle".
You might be enlightened as to why you are in your position .

What does rading your autobiography have to do with my diabetes?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida