Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Campaigning - in the beginning...

For those who slept through World History 101...... here is a condensed
version.

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic
hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer
and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history we
1. The invention of beer, and
2. The invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the
beer, and the beer to the man.

These facts formed the foundation of modern civilization and together
were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct
subgroups:
1. Liberals
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning
of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented
yet, so while our early humans were sitting around wait ing for them to
be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages
were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B BQ at night
while they were drinking beer.. This was the beginning of what is known
as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live
off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly BBQ's and doing the
sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the
Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women.. The rest
became known as girlie-men.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats,
the invention of group therapy and group hugs, the evolution of the
Hollywood actor, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to
divide all the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years, Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most
powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbol ized by
the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer
white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their
beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.
Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of liberal women have
higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal
injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group
therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule
because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide
for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters , rodeo cowboys,
lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police
officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone
who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other
conservatives who want to work for a living

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers
and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans
are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals
remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America . They
crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying
to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history........
It s hould be noted that a liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily
respond to the above before forwarding it.

A conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute
truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other
true believers, and to more liberals...just to **** them off.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
For those who slept through ...

Yes, but what does this have to do with metal? 'Cause frankly, I care no
more about your ideas on politics than I care about your toilet habits.

Vaughn

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

For those who slept through ...

Yes, but what does this have to do with metal? 'Cause frankly, I care no
more about your ideas on politics than I care about your toilet habits.

Vaughn

Whether you realize it or not, Vaughn, this election coming up has a
great deal to do with metal.

As in cost thereof...

If you hadn't noticed, maybe you should check to see what has happened
to the price of steel, aluminum, and (for pete sake!) lead! in the last
year.

And frankly, I could care less about your caustic remarks...

Richard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

For those who slept through ...

Yes, but what does this have to do with metal? 'Cause frankly, I care no
more about your ideas on politics than I care about your toilet habits.

Vaughn

Whether you realize it or not, Vaughn, this election coming up has a great
deal to do with metal.

As in cost thereof...

If you hadn't noticed, maybe you should check to see what has happened to the
price of steel, aluminum, and (for pete sake!) lead! in the last year.

And frankly, I could care less about your caustic remarks...

Richard

It sounds like Vaughn likes white wine, raw fish and well beef...at the expense
of somebody else.

(Give a liberal a fish and he has sushi for a day, teach a liberal to fish and
he'll be back tomorrow for more free fish.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:

[...]

Maybe so.

I guess he knows my politics better than I do.

But I have to admit I'm still real concerned about the Presidential race.

I wish I had as good a grip on the nuances ans Ed has.
But I know I don't.

I'm a life long registered Republican, but the Authoritarian (or worse)
drift in the upper management has me real worried.

Then the Loyal Opposition offers up Hillary (I can't wait to be
President so I can get a blowjob) Clinton.

I mean - Really!

Is this the "Best" we can do?

In the whole country, THIS is the BEST we have to offer?

Pffft!

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 08:18:46 -0600 in rec.crafts.metalworking, cavelamb
himself wrote,
For those who slept through World History 101...... here is a condensed
version.

OFF TOPIC. Just stop it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vaughn Simon wrote:

[...]

Who in their right mind wants to be POTUS???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:20:54 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

Who in their right mind wants to be POTUS???

Andy Rooney asks that question here, Tawmy Boy:

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/11/andy_rooney

Click on "A Great Honor, But"

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can