DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No boom? Leave it alone...... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/236624-re-no-boom-leave-alone.html)

Andy Asberry March 7th 08 10:30 PM

No boom? Leave it alone......

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:01:27 -0800, "SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA
wrote:

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message

What do you suppose the camera was flying around in? It sure made
enough passes around the crater. Sure was nicely stabalized too.
...lew...

On the 30mm chain cannon footage I saw, it was at max range, which is 4,000m
for the chain cannon. Nearly three miles. Not a long distance for today's
high dollar military cameras. It could have been closer than that. I was
able to see a black stripe of clothing going around the chest of one of the
men, indicating the range was not that great.

Steve

If indeed it is an Apache, it can only be about 3/4 mile away, max. by
timing the circuits and using the Apache cruise speed.

--Andy Asberry--