Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

That was worth every minute!

Nicely done!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Yes, very nicely done, indeed! Now, will you have a second video done
that shows the making of the bell part of the horn? Do you also make
that in your little shop, or buy it?

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default brass instrument building

Thank you Trevor, I am blushing : )

LLB

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
LLBrown wrote:
Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

That was worth every minute!

Nicely done!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote in message
On Mar 3, 5:33 pm, Trevor Jones wrote:
LLBrown wrote:
Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

That was worth every minute!

Nicely done!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Yes, very nicely done, indeed! Now, will you have a second video done
that shows the making of the bell part of the horn? Do you also make
that in your little shop, or buy it?

Paul

Paul,
I started too late to learn how to make the bells. They are done on a
spinning lathe, for the most part builders buy the bells and make the rest.
Very few shops get into bell making.
There are several nice spinning videos on youtube but none of horn bells.

Regards,
LLBrown

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

well, I'm impressed - you make it look so easy - tell us - what do YOU think
is the hard part?

"LLBrown" wrote in message
. net...
Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"LLBrown" wrote:

Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

Very nice. Did you do this from plans or from studying another
instrument?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_horn

What notes on a scale can you play with this?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes,
I designed this horn myself, it has an extra loop on it that lowers the
pitch and keeps all the crooks shorter than a "normal" instrument. By
sticking the hand in and out of the bell all the notes in a scale can be
played. The music in the middle of the video is on a natural horn.

LLB

"Wes" wrote in message
"LLBrown" wrote:

Here is some shameless self promotion:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UPvLUhdwpaE

Its about 8 minutes long.

LLB

Very nice. Did you do this from plans or from studying another
instrument?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_horn

What notes on a scale can you play with this?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Noble" wrote in message
.. .
well, I'm impressed - you make it look so easy - tell us - what do YOU
think is the hard part?

For me the hard part was nailing the right temp to bend the pipes. I have
mine filled with pitch (tar) that is melted out later, and I live in a very
hot climate. I put the pipes in the fridge before bending. If the pipes
are bent too cold they get buldges if bent too warm they just collapse.

LLB

"LLBrown" wrote in message
. net...
Here is some shameless self promotion: