Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No boom? Leave it alone......

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:28:53 -0800 (PST), Soldier in a Combat Zone
wrote:

Done what? Vietnam era?

This is different. For one thing you have lawyers all over the place
second guessing you. I tried to tell folks here about that several
years back. They could not understand back then that we military did
not have unlimited rules of engagement (ROE). Our ROE today is more
like law enforcement.

Also you did two years in service then out. Now it is 8 years minimum
(some active, the rest either reserves or IRR). And this last tour
was 15 months! And it was my fourth tour. But then this is an old
man's war. Most of the kids just are too babied to fight (3 out of 4
kids in America these days can not even meet minimum military
standards and never will). But then most of you could not do what I
am doing either. Most of you have let yourselves go, are way too fat
and have huge health problems.

We only thought we served?