Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1/4" drive straight fractional crowfoot wrench set

I'm looking for a set if 1/4" drive, straight (non flare nut), fractional,
crowfoot wrenches. To date the only ones I've found were evidently
manufactured on the Space Station from "Unobtanium" mined on Mars and are
now vended by Snap-On $90 for 6 wrenches. Is there a source of these
wrenches in some standard tooling without the exhorbitant price? I have a
3/8" drive set that is a bit awkward for some of my needs.

Stu

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for a set if 1/4" drive, straight (non flare nut), fractional,
crowfoot wrenches. To date the only ones I've found were evidently
manufactured on the Space Station from "Unobtanium" mined on Mars and are
now vended by Snap-On $90 for 6 wrenches. Is there a source of these
wrenches in some standard tooling without the exhorbitant price? I have a
3/8" drive set that is a bit awkward for some of my needs.

Stu

MSC Industrial Supply, 1/4"-9/16", $13-$15 each!
Not much of a deal either. Why buy a whole set? I am sure Snap-On will sell
individual pieces.
Greg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:46:18 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" quickly quoth:

I'm looking for a set if 1/4" drive, straight (non flare nut), fractional,
crowfoot wrenches. To date the only ones I've found were evidently
manufactured on the Space Station from "Unobtanium" mined on Mars and are
now vended by Snap-On $90 for 6 wrenches. Is there a source of these
wrenches in some standard tooling without the exhorbitant price? I have a
3/8" drive set that is a bit awkward for some of my needs.

I have two sets of crowfoot flare nut wrenches. One is SnapOn, the
other HF. Both work well, one at a fifth the cost.

I'd never seen these in 1/4" drive in catalogs or on MAC, SnapOn,
Cornwell, or tool trucks. Googledit, tho: http://tinyurl.com/2ysld6

--
An idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes
the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done