Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dremel EZ Lock 1-1/2 Cut-off Wheels?

No hassle changing of cutoff wheels?

Any major drawback like rotation speed limited by imbalance?

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote in news:VLfyj.4606$tW.3489
@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

No hassle changing of cutoff wheels?

Any major drawback like rotation speed limited by imbalance?

Thanks.

The biggest problem I've had with them is actually getting them on/off the
spring-loaded mandrel. I've found that it's best to have the mandrel
chucked into the tool first.

I've used them at rotational speeds up to 56K RPM without difficulty.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" wrote:

The biggest problem I've had with them is actually getting them
on/off the spring-loaded mandrel. I've found that it's best to
have the mandrel chucked into the tool first.

I've used them at rotational speeds up to 56K RPM without
difficulty.

Have you noticed any vibration maybe caused by the cutoff wheel
being spring-loaded? Mainly curious. Thanks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

By the way. Too bad the entire outside of each cutoff wheel has a
permanent label attached to it. I find the outside of other cutoff
wheels very useful for smoothing edges/corners. This one requires
sanding first. Changing a cutoff wheel is difficult. Besides while
it's in the tool, (if convenient) holding the mandrel shaft against
something like the corner of a table makes changing the cutoff wheel
easier.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Doe" wrote in message
et...
"RAM³" wrote:

The biggest problem I've had with them is actually getting them
on/off the spring-loaded mandrel. I've found that it's best to
have the mandrel chucked into the tool first.

I've used them at rotational speeds up to 56K RPM without
difficulty.

Have you noticed any vibration maybe caused by the cutoff wheel
being spring-loaded? Mainly curious. Thanks.

No vibration at all - even with the HF pneumatic tool. grin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Doe" wrote in message

By the way. Too bad the entire outside of each cutoff wheel has a
permanent label attached to it. I find the outside of other cutoff
wheels very useful for smoothing edges/corners. This one requires
sanding first. Changing a cutoff wheel is difficult.

Say WHAT???

Besides while
it's in the tool, (if convenient) holding the mandrel shaft against
something like the corner of a table makes changing the cutoff wheel
easier.

Why not simply use a thin cutoff on a standard mandrel? Changing mandrels is
a 10-second activity and can be done without tools.

Otherwise, use the "inside" to do your work! grin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" s31924.nospam netscape.net wrote:

"John Doe" jdoe usenetlove.invalid wrote in message
news:hOVCj.4242$6H.1374 newssvr22.news.prodigy.net...

By the way. Too bad the entire outside of each cutoff wheel has a
permanent label attached to it. I find the outside of other cutoff
wheels very useful for smoothing edges/corners. This one requires
sanding first. Changing a cutoff wheel is difficult.

Say WHAT???

Besides while
it's in the tool, (if convenient) holding the mandrel shaft against
something like the corner of a table makes changing the cutoff wheel
easier.

Why not simply use a thin cutoff on a standard mandrel? Changing mandrels is
a 10-second activity and can be done without tools.

You misspelled "trolling is a 10 second activity and can be done
without brains".

Otherwise, use the "inside" to do your work! grin

Go **** yourself.

From: "RAMü" s31924.nospam netscape.net
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Dremel EZ Lock 1-1/2 Cut-off Wheels?
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:59:36 -0500

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote in
. net:

[...]

ROFLMAO!

Since you have admitted to TROLLing, I'll add you to the filter. grin

FWIW, I'd almost be willing to wager that I've worn out more Dremels than
you have welcomes. grin