Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Poverty in the US

Monika.

* It's worse now it looks like .. tip of the iceburg ...
--
Cliff
Monika.

It's worse now it looks like .. tip of the iceburg ...
--
Cliff

Yup, and the top 10% pay 91% of the taxes. The bottom 50% pay ZERO
income tax.
The Poverty line is 30+ K, and they get to collect free medical, free
food ( via stamps and handouts), subsidized housing, and pay ZERO
Social Security tax (via the Earned Income Tax credit) yet get to
collect Social Security.
Americas poor, on the average, have 1.5 cars, 2 color TV's, 3.2 cell
phones, and a host of other items that are considered "luxury".

As for the Housing crisis...Since when do I have to pay for someone
elses poor financial decisions. THEY read and SIGNED the loan
agreement, THEY understood the interest rate for the idiot ARM loans.
THEY are the ones who kept rolling credit card debt into their
mortgages.
But now We have to bail their worthless butts out....meaning in 5
years they will be right back where they are today.

Look at Katrina...thousands sit down there today, waiting for the
Government to come help them ( forget that we have already sent 150
Billion down there)
When Greensburg Kansas got leveled by a twister, they didn't sit
around waiting, they helped each other and are rebuilding ( actually
told FEMA to get out of the way). That is the difference between,
depending on yourself and depending on Government.

And don't give me this "You don't understand" crap. I have been laid
off 3 times ( once for 9 months), and I never asked for a nickel of
government handout. I have a constant care special needs daughter, and
not once have I ever asked for the government to help us out.
I believe the Good Lord gives us these trials, and the means to
weather the storm....oops I forgot, liberals don't believe in God.

Now I am hearing that the Dems in congress have a TRILLION dollar tax
increase awaiting the coronation of either Obama or Hillary. One of
which is a "one time" (Ya-right), 5% "contribution" on every
investment, savings, 401K and pension fund...to help all those folks
who don't have a job....

It never ends with this bunch

rant mode off

al in colorado