DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aloris Follow Rest & Lathe Hoist (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/235169-aloris-follow-rest-lathe-hoist.html)

oldjag February 26th 08 06:13 AM

Aloris Follow Rest & Lathe Hoist

A few people wanted to see a photo of the tool post follow rest
attachment I made to turn down some thin shafts. I plan to make a
larger one from a proper chunk of steel, but this one works pretty
well. Also put in a couple of shots of a WWII bomb hoist I found on
Ebay for $10 bucks. Makes a great hoist to lift my 12" chucks on and
off the lathe. It has a neat planetary drive inside and a fool proof
clutch that prevents freewheeling....this might have been an issue
with its former occupation.

http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/h7952.JPG
http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/h7953.JPG
http://metalworking.com/Dropbox/h7954.JPG