DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Getting Rid of M I 5 types Need help (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/234868-getting-rid-m-i-5-types-need-help.html)

Martin H. Eastburn February 24th 08 02:57 AM

Getting Rid of M I 5 types Need help

First -
Thanks for the work.

I've been looking for the site you turned in the person.

The person is attacking other groups now.

If you can supply that - we would have to archive it for future use as well.

Best Regards,

Martin
--
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

DoN. Nichols February 24th 08 06:26 AM

On 2008-02-24, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
First -
Thanks for the work.

I've been looking for the site you turned in the person.

The person is attacking other groups now.

If you can supply that - we would have to archive it for future use as well.

I wasn't the one, but I can tell you that that site won't do any
good now. The site he was turned in to was the one which was giving him
his news connection -- and they kicked him off as a result. You'll need
to read the headers and figure out who is his current news feed and his
current ISP. (For the latter -- look for the "NNTP-Posting-Host: "
header and feed that to the "whois" or "jwhois" program (on unix
systems), or whatever Microsoft called it (on Windows) to find out who
to send the complaints into.

Each time he shows up, this will have to be repeated with the
new information, until he is eventually institutionalized, or runs out
of companies willing to supply him a new connection.

I'll just depend on the filters -- and if you had not put the
double spaces in the "Subject: " header, I would not have seen this at
all as a result. (And if *he* starts using double spaces, I'll have to
add them to the filters.)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

ATP* February 24th 08 04:32 PM

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
First -
Thanks for the work.

I've been looking for the site you turned in the person.

The person is attacking other groups now.

If you can supply that - we would have to archive it for future use as
well.

Best Regards,

Martin
--

For a second there, I thought MI5 was persecuting you as well.......

Martin H. Eastburn February 25th 08 03:34 AM

Getting Rid of M I 5 types Need help

I have all of his filtered out. We get 28 a day in the roses group.
And there was a member that turned him into a major spam site.

I miss UNIX - lived with it and loved it for so many years. Now stuck
with MS until I convert one of the computers over to Red Hat or such.

It is hard to tell the professional people and the various world wide rose
types what and how to do it. I'd rather stop him.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

steamer February 25th 08 07:41 PM

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
I miss UNIX - lived with it and loved it for so many years. Now stuck
with MS until I convert one of the computers over to Red Hat or such.

Eeeeewww! I can't imagine tackling usenet without shell! Ain't
killfiles wonderful? :-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Don't forget to spay and
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : neuter your politicians...

Wayne February 25th 08 11:05 PM

Getting Rid of M I 5 types Need help

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:34:34 -0600, Martin H. Eastburn
wrote:

I have all of his filtered out. We get 28 a day in the roses group.
And there was a member that turned him into a major spam site.

I miss UNIX - lived with it and loved it for so many years. Now stuck
with MS until I convert one of the computers over to Red Hat or such.

It is hard to tell the professional people and the various world wide
rose
types what and how to do it. I'd rather stop him.

Thanks,

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

I'd almost rather you leave it alone since I've got him filtered out.
If you stop him from where ever he is now, he'll just move to a new
ISP and I'll have to filter him again. Selfish on my part I know...

Wayne D.